Debit/Credit card : Which is better to receive or pay expenses

Answered!
Jeverio0
Level 2
Singapore

Debit/Credit card : Which is better to receive or pay expenses

Dear Customer Service

May I know if it is better to have a debit card rather than a credit to receive or pay our expenses?

I heard that accounts can be hacked and our credit card details may be stolen by scammer.

I plan to use a Youtrip debit card from a local start-up in Singapore or Revolut if this is acceptable for Asian Host.

Thank you for your reply. 

1 Best Answer
Ted307
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

Hi @Jeverio0 

I do not know about your local banking -- what we did is to open a separate checking account at our usual bank. I can track expenses and income without mingling the ABB business with our household expenses. No credit or ATM card or extra charges.

Chris

Ted & Chris

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Jeverio0 ,

Welcome to the Airbnb Community Center!

I noticed your post on an older thread, hence took the liberty of creating a new topic for you!

Although this is not a Customer Support channel of Airbnb, I hope other members are able to provide you with some useful insights into your concern.

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Ted307
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

Hi @Jeverio0 

I do not know about your local banking -- what we did is to open a separate checking account at our usual bank. I can track expenses and income without mingling the ABB business with our household expenses. No credit or ATM card or extra charges.

Chris

Ted & Chris
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jeverio0 I think you are asking as a guest. If so all Airbnb payments go to/from Airbnb not the property host so I don't think it matters what type of card you use. Some cards (in England) have better consumer protection if something does go wrong.

Noted the reply by Mike. It is not uncommon to see an uptake in Scammers targetting platform like Airbnb currently especially in the popular Asian region, so do take care whether you are a host or guest? 

Let's wait and see if AirnB will give us greater assurance that no hacker can access its platform to steal our credit information? 

So far there are no comments from them except our community?