Do you have a Co-host, or are you a Co-host yourself?

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Do you have a Co-host, or are you a Co-host yourself?

Co-host - Airbnb Community Center.jpeg

Hello everyone,

Having extra help with hosting can sometimes be fundamental to offer an excellent service. This is where a Co-host could play a very important role for Hosts. Delegating activities such as check-in, check-out, cleaning or responding to guest messages could be some of the tasks you as a Host could pass on to your Co-host. 

I have seen conversations regarding Co-hosting, with topics varying from those looking for Co-hosting services to discussions about how much commission one should pay to their Co-hosts, and even how Hosts manage their Co-hosts. 

Do you have a Co-host for your listing(s), or are you a Co-host yourself? Have you considered using one (or multiple) on a temporary basis? 

I look forward to reading your replies!

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

77 Replies 77

She delivers the keys sometimes, depending on the guest arrival time , she cleans the house , do laundry , and she can go to the house when the guests want , cook , if they have kids she can stay with them , she’s been working with me for 12 years now , and I trust her with the guest .

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Wow, that's amazing to hear @Veruska10! Is she co-hosting more properties? 

-----

Just one for now , hopefully in the fire we want to have more properties 

Future *

Evelyn918
Level 2
Kelseyville, CA

I am new to the rental room business.  I am not a co-host. I am not sure what a co-cost does nor what one would charge  for their services. 

I have read a little on co-host but I  didn't finish advertisement.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the Airbnb family @Evelyn918Co-Hosts help Hosts to take care of their home and guests depending on which tasks you want to assign them. More info on what a Co-host is can be found here 👀 

Also, since you mentioned that you're still setting up your listing, I thought I'd share this very helpful article 👈 which is about asking for listing critique on the Community should you wish to receive some tips and feedback on your listing 😊

-----

Michelle3479
Level 2
Leicester, United Kingdom

I don’t have a co-host as I have quite a few friends who can support f I am away or can’t get to the property to let the guest in. So I guess they are unofficial Co-hosts!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

That's great to hear @Michelle3479. I had my cousin help me out on numerous occasions! 

How long have they been helping you with hosting tasks for? 

-----

Michelle3479
Level 2
Leicester, United Kingdom

Probably for about 2 years now.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Amazing, I guess everything has been working out well for you then by the sounds of it! @Michelle3479

It's always great to get some help from those close to you 😊

-----

Adnan97
Level 2
Datça, Türkiye

Good luck to the entire Airbnb family,
I own a house I own a house I am in the business of renting rooms.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the Community Center @Adnan97! Do you make use of multiple co-hosts? 🙂

-----

Hello Quincy, yes, hopefully, she will complete her final exams soon and have some free time to join me again. ‌‌

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hopefully, all goes well @Inas120

-----

Hello Fellows, Thanks for inviting me to share my experience!

Well, At the start of my hosting journey, I was lucky enough to have my daughter as a co-host.  I could not have even considered hosting without her. She provided me with invaluable support, and in appreciation, I designed a commission cheque for her for every visit, I named it from "Mummy Organization 🤗", which was so funny!

We went through several enjoyable moments, stressful situations, valuable lessons, and successful achievements, all together.

Unfortunately, her summer vacation came to an end last year and I have been hosting on my own since then, which has been exhausting!

Let me tell you that having a co-host is essential, particularly if they are trustworthy, reliable, and an excellent communicator.

Wishing you a great hosting experience! 🌿