Do you have a Co-host, or are you a Co-host yourself?

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Do you have a Co-host, or are you a Co-host yourself?

Co-host - Airbnb Community Center.jpeg

Hello everyone,

Having extra help with hosting can sometimes be fundamental to offer an excellent service. This is where a Co-host could play a very important role for Hosts. Delegating activities such as check-in, check-out, cleaning or responding to guest messages could be some of the tasks you as a Host could pass on to your Co-host. 

I have seen conversations regarding Co-hosting, with topics varying from those looking for Co-hosting services to discussions about how much commission one should pay to their Co-hosts, and even how Hosts manage their Co-hosts. 

Do you have a Co-host for your listing(s), or are you a Co-host yourself? Have you considered using one (or multiple) on a temporary basis? 

I look forward to reading your replies!

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

77 Replies 77
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Inas120, It's lovely to hear that your daughter has been so supportive! Will she be coming to help you out anytime soon? 😊

-----

Shaoling0
Level 1
Charleston, SC

I’m good doing it by myself. I have just one listing. So it is not too bad

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for your comment @Shaoling0! 🙂

How do you manage your listing when you go on vacation? 

-----

I do it all myself. I had a co-host and property manager at different points in time, but doing it myself is the only way to maintain a 5-star experience for my guests. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing your comment @Kevin2752! Do you do this full-time, and do you manage multiple properties? 

-----

I have a full time job and manage my properties on the side. I currently manage 4. I may add one more this year but anymore then that and I don’t think I could handle the work load. 

Toby-And-Robin0
Level 1
Kansas City, MO

I do have a co-host. This helps a lot when I’m unavailable to answer questions or respond to a need.  I’m lucky though due to the fact this is my son who helps manage it. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I'm seeing lots of Hosts mentioning received help from family members, which is so nice to hear! For how long has your son been your co-host? 🙂 @Toby-And-Robin0 

-----

Hello everyone 

currently live in the USA , my villa is in jamaica , so I handle all the bookings and communication from guest , hire a professional host to check in guest and provide them with the best services that we offers at our ocean view villa . 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Your villa looks stunning @Marvette0! 🤩 How long have you been working with a co-host? 

-----

Thank you Quincy, I’ve been doing this for about four years now , love been a host where you meet the many people and their  cultural . 

Kathy1275
Level 2
Washington, DC

Yes, I have co-host who is family member,  Yes, I might need a co-host when we go on trip .  I  used Turno to try to get help from the cleaning person, but the cheapest price without doing bedding was $110.  I have a 2 bedroom, 2 bath 800 sqft apartment unit.  I only list between $110 t0 $150 and charge a clean fee $ 65.  How can I pay the cleaner $110 - 150 each time?   

Thanks,

Kathy 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Kathy1275, I hope you're doing well! 

The prices for a cleaner from the website you mentioned seem quite steep compared to what you charge per night.

Have you considered checking out our "Get Local" page? This is where you can find local  Facebook groups, where Hosts (and potentially Co-hosts) also reside. 

Perhaps you might be able to find someone there for a better rate there, or local recommendations? Here's the link to the page  (click here) 👈

I hope this helps!

Quincy

-----

Elena3898
Level 1
Skopje, Macedonia (FYROM)

I’m good doing it by myself with a little helb from my husband. I have just one listing whic is near to my home. So it is not too bad for now. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

That sounds great @Elena3898! I'm glad to hear that you've found a good balance 🙂 

-----