Dubai Market - New Listing got 3 bookings and NOTHING else.

Answered!

Dubai Market - New Listing got 3 bookings and NOTHING else.

Hello Everyone,

I am new in the Dubai market and I have not been hosting for quite some time now.  I recently posted two new units in Dubai, nice units in good locations. I was very excited.

The same day of the posting I got the first booking and the following day the additional two. I thought it was going to be great occupancy, instead, suddenly nothing happened. From the second day, nothing else happened, no enquiries, no messages, no reservations.

Now it is over 15 days with zero interaction at all. I have significantly reduced my pricing below competitions and reviewed my photos and descriptions but still nothing. I am very scared now.

Does anyone have good recommendations or market insights?

1 Best Answer
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Alessandra1468 👋

It's been a little while since you posted. Has your listing been booked and/or have you made any changes to your listing since you've posted? 

There's an article that I thought might be of interest about making your listing more competitive, if that's what you feel it needs. 

Looking forward to hearing from you 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Alessandra1468 Can I just check you are comparing prices correctly. You need to search in your area for similar sized properties and a date range for a typical stay length and then see how your total price compares to others. This way it accounts for any cleaning fees or discounts offered by you and others.

Thanks Mike, this is exactly what I do.

@Alessandra1468 So I looked at downtown Dubai and your place came in at £276/night. Other places are as low as £125 per night and there are many many places cheaper than yours. I guess if yours is really worth the money then people will book but those on a budget will not.

Yes, Mike, it does make sense. Fiat is cheaper than Ferrari. When I say "i reduce my prices below competition" it does not mean I am the cheapest accommodation on the market.

@Alessandra1468 Then I guess you know the reason why you are not getting bookings. Many people are just not able to buy a Ferrari so your market will be limited. Do you list on any other  websites?

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Alessandra1468 👋

It's been a little while since you posted. Has your listing been booked and/or have you made any changes to your listing since you've posted? 

There's an article that I thought might be of interest about making your listing more competitive, if that's what you feel it needs. 

Looking forward to hearing from you 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines