Duo Citizen US-Mexican with property in Mexico

Answered!
Santos157
Level 1
Portland, OR

Duo Citizen US-Mexican with property in Mexico

Hello,

I have a duo citizenship Mexico-US and own a property in Mexico that I just listed on AirB&B. I wanted to know if I need to enter my Mexican or my US tax information to my listing? I do have an RFC ( mexican tax number). Also, I am not sure if I need to make my tax declarations to both countries. Please advise. Any information will be appreciate. 

Top Answer
Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Santos157, as our Community Center is a global forum, it may be a bit difficult to get ideas about area-specific information. I would also recommend you ask this question to Local Hosts through the Local Host Clubs 😊

Please check out this guide from the Resource Center about Responsible Hosting in Mexico.

I also found about article about Business licensing in Mexico City.

Feel free to post in the Spanish CC, you may have better luck getting the advice you're looking for 🤞🏽

I hope this helps!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Top Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Santos157, as our Community Center is a global forum, it may be a bit difficult to get ideas about area-specific information. I would also recommend you ask this question to Local Hosts through the Local Host Clubs 😊

Please check out this guide from the Resource Center about Responsible Hosting in Mexico.

I also found about article about Business licensing in Mexico City.

Feel free to post in the Spanish CC, you may have better luck getting the advice you're looking for 🤞🏽

I hope this helps!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Fabiola367
Level 2
McDonough, GA

Hola @Santos157 . Did you ever figured this out?  Because is exactly what is happening to me. I'm a Dual citizen and I'm not sure what I need to do. I notice Airbnb is withholding us income tax and mexico income tax. I hope you can help me. Thanks in advance