Eclipse Totality- 4 minute 15 second path house on the lake

Sheila806
Level 2
Little Rock, AR

Eclipse Totality- 4 minute 15 second path house on the lake

How do I market our house, (it is listed on air bnb) I want to know how to market specifically for the eclipse since it is in one of the longest periods of totality. 

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1064607366545871120?guests=1&adults=1&s=67&unique_share_id=ab6ab7d7-526...

5 Replies 5
Bettye6
Level 10
McHenry, IL

Hi @Sheila806 !

You have a a beautiful lake house and what a view!

Question: I am confused. Is your intention to just host for the eclipse and then take the AirBnB down or is this a permanent listing. 

If a permanent listing I would suggest to have your listing critiqued by this community. I see things that jump out at me though don't want to say a lot if that is not the case.

If this is a one time listing for the eclipse then I would suggest getting you friends and family  on a marketing frenzy on FB pages, Instagram, etc. I feel most potential guests look for an area with amenities they are in search for and not sure if the special qualities of an eclipse are part of their algorithm to tag?

Possibly someone in our group have better words of wisdom with regards to that.

You give directions to places but my question would be does your lake have a beach and is it swimmable?

Sorry I am not able to give more advice at this time as I mentioned before I am not sure of your long term goal.

Best of luck regardless!

Kind reagrds,

Bettye6

Thank you @Bettye6 !  I am NEW to this, so suggestions are welcome and appreciated. If all goes well, we plan for the Lakehouse to stay an airbnb. It does have full access to the water, the entire width of the property. To call it a beach, I think sand. In Arkansas our waters are so clear because we have so much rock. So there are massive flat bolders/slabs that are the same idea as a beach. I guess I should include some pictures of the lakeshore?? 
we are also interested in marketing it to small and micro weddings. 
thank you for taking the time to answer and your kind reply! 

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Sheila806 If folks are looking for an 'eclipse' house they will find you. Perhaps add a temporary photo of a map showing the path of the eclipse and the rough position of your house with a caption. Then make the price higher around that day BUT don't overdo it as being too greedy will guarantee you no bookings!

Thank you for taking the time to answer, I do have pictures of the path, should that be my cover picture?  The price I set is the same as the summer weekend rate, is that fair? 

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Sheila806 No idea if your price is fair (although it sounds fair). Perhaps compare to others in your area for the eclipse.