Email from Airbnb requiring info or payouts will be paused

Email from Airbnb requiring info or payouts will be paused

We have recently been sent an email from Airbnb asking us to provide additional personal information in order for our payouts to not be paused.

Has anyone else received this? Is it locally targeted ie. for a specific country?

46 Replies 46
Jan46
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

no message, no notification, nothing in junkmail, nothing in Airbnb inbox.  Nada, nowhere.  

Wendy822
Level 2
New York, NY

I did not get my payout on my latest booking. I called Airbnb 8 times. They even went so far as to lie and give me a false transaction id # for Paypal. I asked to speak with supervisors. No one contacted me. Nothing. Airbnb is going to lose a lot of hosts. The contract I made with them is a payout within 24 hours. Nothing less. Hosts should revolt against Airbnb's fraudulent behavior. Class action indeed!

Alex1585
Level 2
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

This is serious. 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge and insights on this thread. We all have different experiences and it can be very useful to see from a different perspective. 

We can all see this is getting quite heated so I've removed some messages that do not assist the original purpose of the thread. I would also urge hosts to review the community guidelines before posting - it just helps us keep the community a healthy and safe place for all users. You can do so here: Community Guidelines.

@John2940 - can you please give me more details regarding your payout issue and I can share it with the CS team? 

Many thanks for your patience and understanding on this one,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Hi Stephanie!

I've submitted all of the documents required by Airbnb, however my payments have been suspended for 10 days, Airbnb has on hold more than 20,000 USD from us, and the worst part is I've received no answer from the special department of verification on when I'll start receiving payments again.

Honestly I don't know what else to do, I can't keep receiving guests indefinitely without payment, next Tuesday (Feb 28th) I need to pay our employees salaries, our properties rents, credit loans, public utilities and all sorts of monthly expenditures we have as a company. 

We've been hosts for Airbnb for 6 years now, we have more than 1,200 reviews, we are Super hosts and try to do our best to provide the best experiences to all of our guests. Our only OTA is Airbnb and we're loyal to this platform, however I feel terribly mistreated and ignored.

I'd really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Sergio

Giselle99
Level 1
Fabbri, IT

If I may open this discussion again - I have been receiving the emails and SMS messages for weeks now (maybe months) to add account details to unpause my payouts.  
I have independently found out that the notifications are legit, however .... Drum roll ... I don’t receive anything from Airbnb.  I am only a user not a host.  

I nearly went down the route of being an Airbnb experience host in 2019, but backed out as it’s a bad deal for us.  (I don’t think it’s a bad idea, just doesn’t work for our business.) - that’s the extent of being a host for us!  

I have written to Airbnb to tell them, but the messages keep on rolling in.  How do I stop them?  

Alex1585
Level 2
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Airbnb is asking too much personal information which has nothing to do with a rental site. such as : Birth day, where you burn, it is business or private rentals. Your real name and more. I don't like it. 

@Alex1585  Anytime you are dealing with an entity where money is involved, that info is required. It's required to open a bank account, to book an airline ticket, etc. Any rental site you list on is going to require that info, not just Airbnb.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Alex1585 I believe Airbnb have a duty to ensure you are not subject to sanctions and/or involved in money laundering. This would be impossible without your name and date of birth. Place of birth is needed in case the former items match a known criminal. At the end of the day if you do not want to share this info then you will need to find another listing site.

Mike Jane: airbnb asking for TIN number which is for US citizens or permanent residents, I am neither. I called them two weeks ago and they said they will investigate, so far nothing. 

airbnb from UK, I am from Canada, My rental is in the Mexico. I am stock, 

@Alex1585  I have never heard of a TIN number. What does that stand for? I am also Canadian, and live and host in Mexico. You need to register your Mexican tax number (RFC) with Airbnb.

Alex1585
Level 2
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

I have registered RFC with airbnb and paying Mexico TAX, TIN is different, it applies to US rentals or citizens who must pay US tax. Hopefully airbnb will solve this before my next guest. or it is going to be a difficult situation with guests. 

@Alex1585  I hope it gets sorted for you. Keep it simple when dealing with Airbnb CS. "I am not a US citizen or resident. My Airbnb is not in the US. TIN does not apply to me."

Emma2507
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

My payments have been paused filled in all relevant information. Emailed phoned get told someone will email nothing. I have been receiving guests without payment as don’t want to ruin there holiday. But thinking will have to cancel further ones as so frustrated can’t get it sorted.

Emma2507
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

If anyone can help especially Airbnb would be very grateful...