Experiences with long-term stays in City of Los Angeles

Saul191
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Experiences with long-term stays in City of Los Angeles

Hello everyone, glad to have this resource here for hosts. I am a new host in the City of Los Angeles and am not permitted to list my property (https://airbnb.com/h/freshly-squeezed-orange-juice) for short-term rentals. I have to follow the 31-night minimum requirement as I am under RSO and it's a new JADU. My understanding is that this means a guest would be essentially a tenant since tenancy is established at that point. I am wondering what experiences have been like  with this type of stay for both guests and hosts and whether or not I should have guests sign a periodic or month-to-month lease contract to further protect myself (to the extent that I can, given that the law favors tenant's rights over landlord's rights). Thanks!

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Have you tried the Airbnb LA host group on FB @Saul191 

Oh no, I wasn't aware of that resource. I am new to all this so just gathering all the info I can. I will definitely check that out, thank you very much @Helen3 !

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Wise of you to gather as much information as humanly possible before taking the renting plunge, specially in a place probably not too much in love with Airbnb already. 😎

Alyssa480
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Your property is gorgeous! If you ever need a local co-host or cleaner for your property (or know someone else who does), let me know! I know someone who's looking for more of this type of work in LA County.