False Safety Report - Airbnb requiring "Licensed Electrician" to verify

Outpost-Alaska0
Level 2
Anchorage, AK

False Safety Report - Airbnb requiring "Licensed Electrician" to verify

1. Airbnb canceled the reservation of a guest who had a domestic dispute resulting in a police call out.

2. A day later, Airbnb suspends account pending "Safety Review."

3. Review reveals "exposed wiring and unsafe sockets" which is a 100% false accusation

4. Provided this 11 min walkthrough looking at EVERY outlet, light switch and electrical panel: https://youtu.be/O8GL9LF1Yyc

5. Airbnb replies "It's essential that the documentation meets specific criteria to be considered valid. To ensure the documentations validity, please ensure that it has been inspected by a certified electrician"

Will Airbnb be covering the cost of an electrician? I was given 48 hours to provide documentation! I can't get an electrician to the unit that quickly. This video is PROOF that there are ZERO issues. How can Airbnb not provide the host with any benefit of the doubt. Host for 2+ years, hundreds of completed stays, 20+ listings. What is going on with Airbnb?

1 Reply 1
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Outpost-Alaska0, has there been any update on your case since you posted here?

I hope this has been resolved on your end.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad