First week no reservation - Critique my listing, Thessaloniki, Greece

Answered!

First week no reservation - Critique my listing, Thessaloniki, Greece

Hello everyone! Nice to be a part of the team! My name is Afroditi and I come from Greece. My property is near the center of Thessaloniki, 2nd largest city in Greece. It's currently high season and I have no reservations in my first week of listing. What am I doing wrong? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Here is the link to my listing :https://www.airbnb.gr/rooms/1178869102910326803?adults=1&location=Thessaloniki%2C%20Greece&search_mo...

Screenshot 2024-06-21 at 10.51.14.png

1 Best Answer
Guy991
Level 10
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @Αφροδιτη1 ,

Here are some ideas for you to consider if you wish:

1. Since you are just starting, being flexible is useful. Reduce the strict non-refundable policy to allow for even a 1-day cancellation. You can always change it back later.

2. Your price is reasonable, but for that price, guests can get a balcony, which you don't have. Reduce the price to make it super tempting. You can always increase it later with demand.

3. Using the address of the property in the title is a waste. "109" means nothing to a tourist. Look at other properties and find marketing names that provide more details about the property or its surroundings.

4. Write about the things to do around the property in the description. Nobody will make a reservation just because the bathroom mirror has backlighting.

5. Ceiling lights have never, and will never, give a homey atmosphere. Use drop light fixtures, floor lamps, and table lamps. The current feel is very gray.

6. Why is the window drape down? Is there no view from the window at all? Is this a basement? If it is, you should mention it. If it is not, use the pictures to show that it is not a basement.

7. Is there a dining table? There is no picture of one. How many people can it accommodate? In my opinion, this is the real number of guests your property can host.

8. After you add lights, retake all the pictures and turn all the lights on. The space should be as bright as possible. When I say bright, I don't mean overexposed pictures. I mean bright, light, positive, and happy pictures. Check similar properties around you to see some very bright and sunny apartments.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Guy991
Level 10
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @Αφροδιτη1 ,

Here are some ideas for you to consider if you wish:

1. Since you are just starting, being flexible is useful. Reduce the strict non-refundable policy to allow for even a 1-day cancellation. You can always change it back later.

2. Your price is reasonable, but for that price, guests can get a balcony, which you don't have. Reduce the price to make it super tempting. You can always increase it later with demand.

3. Using the address of the property in the title is a waste. "109" means nothing to a tourist. Look at other properties and find marketing names that provide more details about the property or its surroundings.

4. Write about the things to do around the property in the description. Nobody will make a reservation just because the bathroom mirror has backlighting.

5. Ceiling lights have never, and will never, give a homey atmosphere. Use drop light fixtures, floor lamps, and table lamps. The current feel is very gray.

6. Why is the window drape down? Is there no view from the window at all? Is this a basement? If it is, you should mention it. If it is not, use the pictures to show that it is not a basement.

7. Is there a dining table? There is no picture of one. How many people can it accommodate? In my opinion, this is the real number of guests your property can host.

8. After you add lights, retake all the pictures and turn all the lights on. The space should be as bright as possible. When I say bright, I don't mean overexposed pictures. I mean bright, light, positive, and happy pictures. Check similar properties around you to see some very bright and sunny apartments.

@Guy991 Wow! Your ideas are really great! I never realized all that. I am going to adopt all of them since they seem absolutely reasonable. Thank you again! It mens a lot to me!