Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Fiver freelance support to optimise your rental

Answered!
Niall-and-Carlee0
Level 1
Bournemouth, United Kingdom

Fiver freelance support to optimise your rental

Has anyone had any experience of using fiver to help with optimising their listing, with photos and syncing calandars etc. it seems quite a big deal to hand over login details to someone to play around with your listings. Any thoughts or indeed recommendations?

Top Answer
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Niall-and-Carlee0  This is your property and your business.  I would not allow any outside agency to have access to my listing information.  If I were to contract with an outside agency, I would allow only a manual push (or pull) from and to my data. 

View Top Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Niall-and-Carlee0 ,

Were you able to find any reliable info or advice for proceeding with this option?

Handing over login details of any platform is surely a big deal as far as account safety is concerned.

Would love to hear what you opted for in the end and if you have any tips for other members!

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Niall-and-Carlee0  This is your property and your business.  I would not allow any outside agency to have access to my listing information.  If I were to contract with an outside agency, I would allow only a manual push (or pull) from and to my data. 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Niall-and-Carlee0 

No decent marketing person would be on sites like Fiver which pay peanuts.

It would be madness to handover your log in details to a stranger you no nothing about.

It's easy enough for you to sync calendars using one of the STR management software.

You can ask a local established superhost in Bournemouth with five star reviews to review your listing for a fee and advise on matters such as photography, content etc. Or you can post your listing here and ask for feedback.

Personally I found your description of your studio accommodation rather confusing. You call it a studio, yet your photographs with the bed are labelled as a bedroom. Which is it? A one bedroom flat or a studio.

If a studio I wouldn't market it for four people.