Flat rate or price per person

Garrett120
Level 2
Nevada City, CA

Flat rate or price per person

What I struggle with as far as pricing my Airbnb is it can fit 6 people so I see it and the market dictates that the fare price is roughly $600 a night.  But if I list it as $600 a night now my place is to expensive for the couple, just two people, looking for a place.  So I see it as.  Advertise for $200 a night for two guest and then charge an addition $100 per guest and in this way I have an option for larger parties and option for couples. I think this may answer your question of why charging per person makes sense .  

The only gamble on my part as a host is if the couple (2 people) rents my place months in advance then that's leaves my place not available for larger parties  equalling missed income. 

I believe the solution here is to advertise as $600 for the night and then slash the price down for last minute bookings.  Interested to hear others thoughts.

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Garrett120 with your current plan 2 people could book and use all the bedrooms. Additionally 2 people could book and sneak in 6.

I would have 2 or 3 listings with linked calendars for 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms. Block the small ones months ahead or in high season and only open it up when you are a few weeks out.

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Garrett120 I should also have said, if fire regulations/safety allows then lock off the unused bedrooms depending on how it rents

Interesting idea but seems  like a lot of work. Also there will be no sneaking with a ring cam... I've had that in the past on another listing and I sent that footage to the resolution center and get paid