From one to multiple listings

Guy991
Top Contributor
Sintra, Portugal

From one to multiple listings

Dear community,

What a thrill it was! I started hosting a year ago with one property, and based on the happiness level and the number of satisfied guests I had, it motivated me to add more listings. When I was using the app for one property, Airbnb’s platform was sufficient.

However, I was quite disappointed by the lack of many features designed for hosts with several listings. For now, I don’t want to use another management app for two main reasons.

One, I prefer to manage my listings under one platform and not two.

Second, I don’t want to move to the 15% host fee method, and I read in the community that integration doesn’t always work well.

Additionally, the apps on the market offer more than what I need.

For example, I would expect Airbnb to show a multi-calendar for more than one listing on the app, just like on the web.

I would also hope that Airbnb will allow me to limit the number of check-ins per day. I can’t handle more than two check-outs and check-ins on the same day with my existing cleaning crew.

I would love to hear suggestions on how to make the leap from managing a single listing to handling multiple listings.

6 Replies 6
Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @Guy991 

Congratulations on your new purchase and success😊

You can use Professional Tools to do that and you would then have access to a multi calendar for your two listings.  Here is the Airbnb link below explaining their function and Joan has done a great Guide on the subject which I found here on the CC under our profile photo and under Host Guides:

1)https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2499?locale=en

2)https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Guides/GUIDE-Use-Pro-Tools-to-Set-Calendar-Custom-Pr...

I have been using Pro Tools since pretty much the beginning even with the one listing and love all the different options that we can choose from and the fact that we can have different minimum stays according to the time of year.  You can set check-in/check-out days too.

All the best Guy

Joëlle

Guy991
Top Contributor
Sintra, Portugal

Dear Joëlle, 

@Joelle43 

Thank you for the kind words. I have been using the pro tools since day one because I am also collecting tourist taxes.

But can you see the multi-calendar also on the phone?

Regards,
Guy

Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @Guy991 

Good question!  The answer is no!  And you're right, I have to go back to my computer to check my rule sets when I have a doubt

Elena4354
Level 8
Porto, Portugal

Hello @Guy991, congratulations, your home is absolutely beautiful and you are an amazing host! 😊
As @Joelle43 said, the best way to manage multiple listings is to use professional tools, and I understand you are already using them.

But in the app we don't have a multi-calendar in the same version as on the web, we have calendars one by one, and it's really not very convenient because you have to open each calendar separately.

I also have a multiple listings and I prefer to use the web version as it is easier. 

I can recommend you to share your feedback about missing features of the app calendar:

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/feedback

I hope that in the future the calendar in the app will be updated and become more convenient to use.

And... I'm going to visit amazing Sintra soon, one of my favorite places in Portugal, I'd be happy to be your guest 😁!

Kind regards.

Elena.

Guy991
Top Contributor
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @Elena4354 ,

Thank you for reaching out. You are welcome to be our guest. 

Can I assume based on your answer that you are not using any additional PMS (property management system)?

regards,

Guy

@Guy991 , yes, you are right, I don’t use any PMS.