Glitch when I search is losing me business

Kelland1
Level 3
Bourgogne-Franche-Comté, France

Glitch when I search is losing me business

Hi

A week ago I contacted support about a problem.  They seem to have given up with platitudes and promises that 'someone will be in contact' so I'm very much NOT a happy bunny! The problem is that my house is in the much favoured tourist area of VEZELAY in Burgundy, France.  Each time I do a search to see if my house is listed as being in this area the destination changes to VERZENAY, near Rheims.  It took two attempts before the 'Support' managed to realise that this wasn't me wishing to change by about two blocks, more like 200km!!

So nothing is happening.

I sent a further email today asking to whom I should complain about their appalling service.

Can anyone here enlighten me?

I'd really be so grateful!

Thanks, Kelland 

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Kelland1 Having tried myself I am afraid the search returns Verzenay properties- How weird.

My only suggestion is to try contacting again via Twitter. Sometimes this more public platform seems to get results.

Kelland1
Level 3

Many thanks Mike and Jane!  This is very helpful in that at least I know I'm not going crazy!  I don't have Twitter, but I take your point.  Even my French wife can't find Vezelay on her French mobile!  It is very odd and I wonder how many owners in the Vezelay area are aware of this problem.  I've had a response from 'Support' this evening and it seems they are still awaiting for advice from the 'Tech' staff.  This could take some time...

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Kelland1 

The problem is that the name is spelled correct as: Vézelay

If you search that, the search shows the right area:

https://www.airbnb.com/s/Vézelay--France/homes

Kelland1
Level 3

Thank you for your very speedy reply.  I don't have a French keyboard so I can't place the accent on the 'E' as you suggest, though I'm not suggesting you are wrong.  But this then raises the question: if anyone using an anglophone keyboard tries to find Vezelay why must they be redirected to Verzenay?  I just tried under Airbnb.co.uk and... yup, Verzenay!   My wife is French so I'll ask her to try on her computer.  I would add that I've only been listed since July and initially there was no problem.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Kelland1 

The search programm makes suggestion about a not correct spelled name. If you enter for example  Verzelay (mind the extra "r"), it suggest also "Vézelay, France" ! Which it does not when you enter Vezelay, then first option is Verzenay.

It's simply the way the software acts....not really a glitch, but something to be improved by Airbnb, i think.

Kelland1
Level 3

@Emiel1 That's very interesting Emiel.  The only problem is that anyone enquiring will not realise this oddity and they won't find Vezelay.  And about 70 owners will not realise!