Have you also had a significant drop in views?

Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

Have you also had a significant drop in views?

Maybe it's just a coincidence but right after the 2023 May Release our listing suffered a drop in views. Below you can find the statistics as of April 14th and today's.

statistiche airbnb al 17 aprile 2023.JPG

statistiche airbnb al 4 giugno 2023.JPG

Unfortunately, with the drop in views, bookings went to zero. Has this happened to you too? How did you deal with this issue? Thanks for your suggestions, Andrea and Valentina

Link to our listing: https://airbnb.com/h/la-casa-sul-canale-con-piscina-jacuzzi-in-giardino

9 Replies 9
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

I been looking at view patterns for tourist meccas lately, they give me the impression that May was a poor month for people looking. Perhaps because other things are happening in their lives like they already made summer traveling decisions, or school will be out soon and busy with related family things, or now are even more apprehensive about incurring extraordinary expenses until further notice about the direction of the economy where they are at.

Thanks @Fred13 for your reply, you may be right but does this justify such a strong decrease in views?

Not at all @Andrea6232 , no doubt the new algorithm since last May has caused a lot of influences on everyone. I for one, I am also suspect of the future, so we are redesigning our place for day-use in case overnight lodging changes hits us also. Local resorts have been clamoring for us to go to day-use guests (only 9am-3pm) and will keep us full.We will still be with Airbnb, but whatever they do not book, day-use guests will.

Still under construction, but preliminary photos....

Screen-2023-05-23_12-31-53 b.jpg

Revonation 2023 b.jpg

Ciao @Fred13 fantastic locations yours! Can you give me the link?

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/4869137?check_in=2023-08-26&check_out=2023-08-31&federated_search_id=b4...

What a long link!

Btw, having said the above, written on a day I felt nervous, today we get a string of Airbnb bookings/inquiries/extensions for Fall 2023/2024. They always be first with us, everyone else gets the left overs.

I have added your listing to my favourites 😀

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Wow @Fred13 , this is beautiful 😍😍

Of course, one of my responsibilities is to keep the threads on topic, but as soon as I saw these pictures, I couldn't help but write here. Congratulations on this project. It's looking great.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Have you done any market research around supply and demand in your location for your sort of listing @Andrea6232 

Lots of resorts have oversaturated markets and falling demand. 

Thanks @Helen3 for your suggestion, but considering the market (Venice) I don't think there is a falling demand ...