Help Listings Suspended (and don't know why or what to do)

Mia1588
Level 2
New York, NY

Help Listings Suspended (and don't know why or what to do)

Hello All,

This is my first time here.  I have been hosting for 3 years and have 6 listings.  Last night I noticed that all of my calendars have been blocked out and on my "listings" page, I can see that my listings are "suspended".  

I am not entirely sure why but I think it might be related to a cancelation that I had last night around 2am.  The woman was very angry. She said she felt unsafe about my apartment being on the first floor in NYC even though I assured her it is a very safe area.  She canceled the reservation and was provided a %50 refund.  A moment later I noticed my listings were suspended though I am not %100 sure if this was the cause or not.

I tried my best to apologize and reason with her but she was demanding a full refund that I didn't think was fair to provide.   I do provide very detailed descriptions so very rarely does anyone feel misled.

I am at a complete loss as to what to do. I have called Air Bnb about 6 times and have only been told that the "specialized team" will reach out to me but they don't know when.  

Any Suggestions? I survive on this income so it is vital I find a solution.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.  I thank you in advance.

Thanks,

Mia

2 Replies 2
Phil4939
Level 2
New York, NY

Sadly this just happened to me as well, 3 years of hosting with all 5 star reviews. I am at a loss of what to do too since they keep telling me what seems to be the same scripted response about a special team member reaching out also but no one has yet. Based on your photo looks to me we could be in same area of Brooklyn. I feel like it could be another attack by the city that Airbnb must be complying with. Always tends to feel like you’re guilty until proven innocent on here sadly. Hope things can change for the better a be a most host supported platform. Post any update you get wishing for the best 🙂 

Hello Phil,

Thanks for the response and sorry to hear about your situation as well. 

I am located in Brooklyn and I had the same thoughts about the city raising issues.  If you are interested, I would love to connect with you and compare our situations to try and get to the bottom of this.  

Let me know:)

Mia