Help! Our popular listing suddenly has no bookings.

Answered!
Tee-and-Mike0
Level 2
Palm Springs, CA

Help! Our popular listing suddenly has no bookings.

We have been continuous Superhosts for over 8 years.  Our listing near Joshua Tree National Park has always been steadily booked.  But in the last few weeks, it has dropped off significantly and we've had zero bookings.  We understand that competition in the area has greatly increased in the last few years and it is currently the slow season, but zero bookings in over 3 weeks has never happened before.  We are seeking advice on how we might change this downward trajectory.  We are flummoxed. 

Side note: About a month ago, Airbnb made a terrible error in which they delisted our place (along with hundreds of others) over a county permit requirement.  Eventually, it was cleared up and we were not required to enter a county permit number because we fall under city jurisdiction. But since then, the drop off in our bookings began.  https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/6899791

Casa-Paloma-Horseshoes.jpg

1 Best Answer

Hi @Tee-and-Mike0 . I think @Bob297 is on to something....I did a search for

Yucca Valley

Joshua Tree

Pioneertown

Didn't see your listing at all. Yikes! I'll bet this does have something to do with the de-listing issue. You can contact Airbnb and have them "refresh" your listing. I have no idea what this means or if it works...just heard other hosts have done it.

Other options:

1. Contact Airbnb CS and ask them to remove, then re-enter your location address for you (you can't do it yourself after publishing the listing). That might shake up the system and re-set your location for searches

2. Create a new listing and have them attach your previous listing reviews. Not sure how that works, but I've heard it can be done.

Let us know if anything works and how it goes!

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

@Tee-and-Mike0 
If I search for Yucca Valley, your listing shows in 3rd place.
Is that a normal search item?
If I use Joshua Tree, i do not see your listing
Your calendar is closed after October 16

@Bob297  Thank you. Most likely, guests would search for Joshua Tree, as the entire area falls under that umbrella. That hasn’t been an issue so far, but maybe it is now? Maybe there has been an algorithm change? We’re not sure. We only open up our calendar for 90 days in advance since most folks book within a 30 day window. 

Hi @Tee-and-Mike0 . I think @Bob297 is on to something....I did a search for

Yucca Valley

Joshua Tree

Pioneertown

Didn't see your listing at all. Yikes! I'll bet this does have something to do with the de-listing issue. You can contact Airbnb and have them "refresh" your listing. I have no idea what this means or if it works...just heard other hosts have done it.

Other options:

1. Contact Airbnb CS and ask them to remove, then re-enter your location address for you (you can't do it yourself after publishing the listing). That might shake up the system and re-set your location for searches

2. Create a new listing and have them attach your previous listing reviews. Not sure how that works, but I've heard it can be done.

Let us know if anything works and how it goes!

@Joan2709 Thank you. We’ll have to try that. We’ve never had to ask Airbnb for something like that, but we’re looking at all options now. 

@Tee-and-Mike0 @  another option is you have access to moving your location circle...be careful with that so as not to move your circle too far from your actual location (guests can complain),  or move it to within the county where the restrictions are....just another thought 🤔

Tee-and-Mike0
Level 2
Palm Springs, CA

We reached out to CS. They “reset” our location info, which hopefully does something. They had trouble finding our listing on the maps view and that’s why they did the reset. Thanks folks. I’ll update if anything changes.