Help!, “Self check-in: Doorman"

Answered!
Skip0
Level 2
California, United States

Help!, “Self check-in: Doorman"

Somehow when I selected "self-check in" the word Doorman was added. When I try to edit I cannot find the place to do it. Airbnb's help on this is incorrect. This is Airbnb instructions to add self check in:

How do I add self check-in to my listing?

To add self check-in to your listing:

1. Go to Your Listing on airbnb.com
  2. Choose the listing you want to update
  3. Click Check-in on the left
  4. Look for Self check-in and click Add self check-in

I cannot find the spot to edit following their instructions. Been over and over the websit and still no luck. Hoping one of you with more knowledge can help me. 

1 Best Answer
Allison2
Level 10
Traverse City, MI

In mine it's in the Guest Resources section...Hit "edit", go down to self-check in and you should see "keypad" and "doorman". Click on "edit" & then "remove" for the doorman. "Add more methods" - make sure the doorman isn't checked

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Allison2
Level 10
Traverse City, MI

In mine it's in the Guest Resources section...Hit "edit", go down to self-check in and you should see "keypad" and "doorman". Click on "edit" & then "remove" for the doorman. "Add more methods" - make sure the doorman isn't checked

Li22
Level 2
New York, NY

I have the same problem. It's actually not related to edit self check in guide. Yes, you can add by text check in method including a description. I think Skip is refering to something else. And I have the same problem. 

A while ago, Airbnb introduced a check-in guide with step by step check in instructions with photos, so you can create a PDF for your guests how to check in, which I think that's a great. You can just email the guests the link, and it's easily for them to follow the instructions. 

But once created, they failed to add a feature so that you can update the information when you changed the keypad code for example. There is no way to update that info.