Help me get our listings fixed

Jim448
Level 2
Duxbury, VT

Help me get our listings fixed

It's been two weeks, 14 days, since AirBnB broke our listings -- mine and others in our neighborhood up here in Vermont. When potential guests click the "Reserve" button, they get a blank page with three dancing dots of doom instead of the normal "Confirm and Pay" page. So no one has been able to book. My daily contacts with Superhost support have wasted hours of my time and have not fixed the problem. Can any of you advise me on how to get AirBnB to fix the glitch that they have caused? - Jim** Crossett Hill Lodge, Vermont

**[Sensitive information removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

11 Replies 11
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Jim448 👋

Sorry to hear your recent reservation issues. Have you managed to get this sorted. Could I ask you to run the basic trouble shooting steps for me please? 

• Log out (on all affected devices/browsers)
  • Close all browser windows/tabs (on all affected devices/browsers)
  • Open ONE new window (on all affected devices/browsers)
  • Clear cache and cookies and browser history (on all affected devices/browsers)
  • Delete & re-install app (if applicable)

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Rebecca, I have tried all these, and so have my potential guests, and none have succeeded. The problem is in AirBnB's software, not in mine of my guests'. Both I and several potential guests notified customer support of the problem on July 18. At first they denied they had a problem; when they finally admitted that the technical folks had created a bug that affected my listings and others similarly situated, they shunted us from one agent to another, and then tried to close the case without fixing it. Still today, 18 days later, guests cannot book my listing. Try it yourself at https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/18007174

Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @Jim448 @Rebecca 

You're right!! I tried to reserve your lovely place having put in dates in the calendar and I get those three dancing dots on a blank page and that's it😱

It's been two weeks like this?  No wonder you're frustrated.

Fingers crossed this bug gets sorted very soon

Joëlle

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Jim448 and @Joelle43 👋

How super frustrating. I have taken a screen recording of this happening and sent it over to the Airbnb bug exterminators. Hopefully they will be able to fix this asap. 

@Jim448 as you have spoken to Airbnb Support previously, would you be able to pop me a direct message with your reference number please so I can add it to the ticket. 

Thanks so much and fingers crossed! 🤞

-----

Rebecca, thank you for your concern. Here is a message I received this morning from AirBnB support, for your information: "Hello Jim,

Thanks a lot for the Response!

I understand that it is a loss for you, but it is an equal loss for Airbnb as well.

I would like to answer you the following statements -

1 - We are already in touch with them and advised them to get the issue fixed.

2- I am sorry, but the team will not be able to contact you for the concern.

3 -You can add any description that you wish for but it should go with the policy of the platform.

I would like to let you know that this might take time, and we do not have a specific time frame for the issue to get resolved.

Best Regards,
Jeshu"

(I have many messages back and forth with more than 12 different support agents over 19 days now, but none of them refer to a reference number. Jeshu is the most patient of them all.)

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much @Jim448. I got a reply after this that has confirmed they have been able to replicate the issue and they have sent it over to the engineers. 

If you know of anyone else that is having this issue with their listing specifically, it would be great if they could either comment on this post, or share with Airbnb Support. 😊

-----

Zheng49
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

I can confirm that I also get the 3 dancing dots when I try to reserve. 

Hi @Jim448 

I can confirm the same issue when trying to book. You said there were other Hosts in the same town having the same issue? It would be good if they could post here also. I tried other listings in Duxbury, VT and I was able to get to the confirm & pay page? 

I can confirm your listing does appear in the number one spot when doing a guest search, but when clicking the listing and attempting to book you get the 3 dots as you said:

Joan2709_0-1722960246306.png

Airbnb has recently begun the process of "verifying listing locations." Your listing does show it's "verified." Looks like you have exact location chosen. If I had to guess, I would say it's possible it has something to do with their listing location verification process they are doing...just a guess. I would maybe try switching your listing to general location and see what happens. You can always switch it back to exact location if it doesn't help:

Joan2709_1-1722960554566.png

When you switch to general location, you'll see a shaded circle arount the house icon:

Joan2709_2-1722960747208.png

You'll see the shaded circle around the house icon when not choosing specific location

Joan2709_3-1722961349835.png

Once you have done this, logoff Airbnb on ALL devices (phone, computer, tablet) and then log back on on a computer only. Log in with your email and not your phone number. See if making this change did anything. If not, no harm. Just change your specific location slider back to ON. 

One of the listings in Duxbury that I could get to confirm & pay page had their listing set to general and not exact location. You can tell because of the shaded circle around the house icon on the listing page.

Let us know how it goes?

This is just a stab in the dark...but might be worth a try.

@Rebecca 

Hi @Jim448 

Another thing to try...

I noticed the listings in Duxbury I was able to get to Confirm & Pay page were Request to Book (not instant book). Are your listings set up for Instant Book? If so, try turning OFF Instant Book and see if that does anything?

Thanks, Joan for the advice. Yes, I have tried turning instant book on and off again, no difference.

@Jim448 

Well...was worth a shot.

Did you try changing to general location rather than specific? That is the only other variable I found in other Duxbury listings. Worth a shot while waiting for Airbnb to deal with the bug.

I did find a Duxbury listing that has Instant Book, but general location (not exact location) and was able to get to the Confirm & Pay page.