Help me get our listings fixed

Jim448
Level 2
Duxbury, VT

Help me get our listings fixed

It's been two weeks, 14 days, since AirBnB broke our listings -- mine and others in our neighborhood up here in Vermont. When potential guests click the "Reserve" button, they get a blank page with three dancing dots of doom instead of the normal "Confirm and Pay" page. So no one has been able to book. My daily contacts with Superhost support have wasted hours of my time and have not fixed the problem. Can any of you advise me on how to get AirBnB to fix the glitch that they have caused? - Jim** Crossett Hill Lodge, Vermont

**[Sensitive information removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

18 Replies 18

Thanks, Joan for the advice. Yes, I have tried turning instant book on and off again, no difference.

@Jim448 

Well...was worth a shot.

Did you try changing to general location rather than specific? That is the only other variable I found in other Duxbury listings. Worth a shot while waiting for Airbnb to deal with the bug.

I did find a Duxbury listing that has Instant Book, but general location (not exact location) and was able to get to the Confirm & Pay page.

Neither does that make a difference.

Hi @Jim448 

Came across this info regarding taxes and residency requirements for Short Term Rentals in Vermont. New tax went into effect August 1, 2024.  Looks like there is a residency requirement of 270 days in the preceding year for the owner/Host? This could be why only some of the listings are affected and others aren't:

Vermont Short Term Rental Residency Requirements

All or part of the dwelling unit should not be offered as a short-term rental unless the said person has occupied the unit as his or her primary residence:

• 270 days of the preceding year

Short-Term Rentals

https://tax.vermont.gov/business/industry/short-term-rentals

Short-term rental surcharge effective August 1, 2024

Act 183 of 2024 requires that operators of short-term rentals collect a new 3% surcharge on rents from short-term rentals, which is effective for rents collected on or after August 1, 2024. This surcharge is in addition to the 9% Rooms Tax and any 1% Local Option Tax already collected by the operator.

@Rebecca