Hi All, we are feeling deflated and deafeated and have unlisted because of an unfair decition about removing a nasty review. Airbnb removed my nasty review

Jarrod60
Level 1
Wheat Ridge, CO

Hi All, we are feeling deflated and deafeated and have unlisted because of an unfair decition about removing a nasty review. Airbnb removed my nasty review

We got a nasty review.  I gave the guest a nasty review and she gave me a nasty one too.  But she was able to get hers removed on the grounds that I was retaliting.  I was doing no such thing.  I could care less.  But I was genuinly puting out thier nasty behaviour to warn yall.  Ive unlisted.  But we actually love doing airbnb.  Not sure if theres a loop hole to get this fixed.  Guests shouldnt be able to lie and retsliate against host...

2 Replies 2

Hi @Jarrod60 

Sorry this happened. Since you have delisted, we are unable to view what the guest said and provide some insight on that. I have seen situations where a negative review is definitely warranted, but you must be very careful to abide by Airbnb's policies when writing one. Take some time to think about it before writing it. Be sure to take all the emotion out of it. Do not make statements that could be considered discrimination. Just state the facts and be brief. If you are at fault in certain areas mentioned, take responsibility for that and mention what you have done to correct the issue. You are writing the review for future guests to view. If you come off as calm, rational and matter-of-fact, future guests will see that and disregard a guest's negative review if you have plenty of other 5-star reviews. Have someone else you trust read your review before posting it. 

Let us know how it goes....

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

you seem to have deleted your previous listings which attracted what Airbnb sees as low reviews at 4.51 @Jarrod60  and set up a new listing. So rather confused by your comment that you have unlisted