Hi would like to set lower prices when the time is approching but not include week or month discounts on top of the lower prices for the weeks I set manually. Can you turn off week

Answered!

Hi would like to set lower prices when the time is approching but not include week or month discounts on top of the lower prices for the weeks I set manually. Can you turn off week

Hi would like to set lower prices when the time is approaching or to close up opening is my calendar  but not include week or monthy discounts on top of the lower prices for the weeks I set manually. Can you turn off weekly or only have it work with a base price. Thanks Mikael

1 Best Answer

Hi @Mikael19 

Since the Summer 2023 release, you need to turn on Pro Tools and use Rule Sets to do this. Below is a guide with screen shots:

How to Use Pro Tools and Rule Sets for Custom Pricing

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Guides/bd-p/guides

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi @Mikael19 

Since the Summer 2023 release, you need to turn on Pro Tools and use Rule Sets to do this. Below is a guide with screen shots:

How to Use Pro Tools and Rule Sets for Custom Pricing

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Guides/bd-p/guides

Thank you for both your replies I do appreciate your response got super busy with guest's. 

Thank you

Mikael

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Mikael19,

I just came across your post and noticed that our wonderful Host, Joan, has shared a guide that has been helping various Hosts in our Community. Have you had the opportunity to try it out?

Please keep us updated.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Thank you Paula I got super busy but I did reply and do appreciate her response.

Thank you

Mikael

Hi @Mikael19 

Just re-read your post and it sounds like you are trying to set some prices lower manually, but not have your default weekly/monthly discounts apply for the prices you set lower manually. Rule sets can only be used to increase/decrease prices by a percentage %. Your default weekly & monthly discounts would still apply, even with a rule set to decrease/increase your prices for the dates you adjust manually.

Most hosts leave their weekly/monthly discounts at a default level (you can always make the discounts lower), but don't normally delete them if their calendar availability is 6 months or more.  Then set your prices as you wish. The only way to "turn off" the weekly/monthly default discounts is to delete them altogether. A lot depends on how far out you have your calendar availability set. If you set if for only 3months, you can delete your discounts for the slow season and then turn them back on in the busy season. 

Most hosts don't delete their weekly/monthly discounts, but may adjust them in slower season and then manually adjust prices for the dates involved. You can do that by selecting the dates and changing the price, or by creating a Rule set % decrease and apply to specific dates on the calendar.

Thank you for your reply. I am thinking a 3 month blocking might be the best. I have left it open till now and can see this as the only solution without using a 3rd party calendar app which I am considering. 

Thanks

Mikael