Host Account Listings have been suspended when I complain as a guest?

Mary6579
Level 2
Hong Kong

Host Account Listings have been suspended when I complain as a guest?

My listings as a host have been suspended with no explanation despite multiple follow ups with Airbnb customer support, who keep closing out my follow up requests and bouncing me from one "support officer" to another.  I recently stayed as a guest at a property where the listing didn't match reality, and included a shared space with a stranger, a macerating toilet instead of plumbing, and a loft room that was inaccessible for my disabled family member and elderly family members.  I contacted the host and let them know we had to leave, and I asked to be refunded for part of the stay. The host then began to send me harrassing messages and requests for money for emotional distress.  Upon further review, many people have complained about this host and two people were electricuted in their shower!  I reached out to Airbnb many times, and they keep giving me the run around and then suspended my HOST account.  When I follow up, they keep closing out the conversations into a black hole.  The entire situation is bizarre.  I have been a loyal customer and guest for 10+ years and have 35 5 star reviews as a guest and only five star reviews as a host.  I'm really at a loss here, and now am unable to book new customers during the high season here in Italy, which means I'm losing money.  

0 Replies 0