Hosting Team Members issue for Co-host

Eric6069
Level 2
Lancaster, CA

Hosting Team Members issue for Co-host

I got a friend to join Airbnb and said I would help with her listing. When we attempted to add me as a CO-Host an error would appear stating "Hosting team members aren't also allowed to be CO-Hosts".

We contacted Airbnb but we keep getting the run around. They tell her something along the lines that I'm a pro-host or a team lead and that stops me from being a co-host on her property. Problem with that theory is I was able to be co-host on other properties without issues, but disconnected from those a while ago.

Now they claim my PMS is causing an issue, so I disconnected my property and changed the main email address on my PMS which is iGMS but I have the same issue.

Has anyone had an issue like this or could offer any suggestions to get this resolved?

Been working through this for about 2 weeks.

20 Replies 20
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Eric6069thank you for sharing your case in our Community. Although we are not part of the Airbnb Support Team, I have forwarded your situation to the team that can help. They should reach out to you shortly.

Paula

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hi Pauls. I am having the EXACT same issue - and I also use iGMS as my PMS.  Can I be flagged for any response or resolution?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Call Airbnb @Steve1 

Hi Helen!

Having the same issue. Who exactly should I call?

Hi Paula, do you have further guidance on this topic. Specifically, we manage multiple properties(over 20) as a Co-host. Our business model chooses to keep the property owner as the listing owner, yet we are to complete all functions to run the listing. Unfortunately, there are a couple pitfalls to this. 1) we cannot complete resolutions 2) we cannot respond to reviews. I’m researching the teams option but cannot determine if this would work given our current model. In other words, my question would be, can I manage multiple properties as the head of a team, with the multiple listings belonging to the property owners? 

thank you for your time! 
alison 

Alison, curious what you  deciding to do here. We cohost over 30 properties and are now finding that we probably need to switch to the Teams platform. Airbnb is telling us we have to make a new account  for every home we want to be a team member of. 

Hi Alison, did you manage to find a solution for this ?

I am stuck on my side because I can't invite my co-host to manage my listing because they are a pro hosting team already.

And I can't create my pro hosting team because support told me this feature is not available anymore for new people.

Hello Paula, could you please forward some guideliness also for me. I am having the exact same problem.

I manage 20 listing and I lead a hosting team. A couple of friends have asked me to manage the listings they own, but cannot make me a co-host for their listings as I am a hosting team member.

I do not want to deactivate my team, as I work with the task manager tool which is really useful in my organazatión. I also would like to avoid creating new listings for properties that I do not own.

As per articule number 1536 (https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1536) "A hosting team is a business or team of people that manages places to stay on behalf of the listing owner" and also a "Listing owner is The person who lists the space in their Airbnb account. ... usually the person who owns or lives on the property." and also "If the listing is managed by a hosting team, everyone receives notifications related to the trip request, but ratings and reviews only appear on the profile of the listing owner" it locally follows that a hosting team can manage places that have been listed by third parties under their own accounts, how do it without being  a co-host? (as co-host role is not compatible with a been a hosting team member).

Home to receive some insights, thanks you so much in advanced!

Hi, after weeks of messaging with support. They finally told me that :

"I have just received an update from my team that the option to create a new Hosting Team in not available anymore in our last platform update.
There is a possibility for this feature to be reinstated in the future but for the moment we can't make any promises."

It is also not possible to invite a Co-Host if they are already a Pro Hosting Team.

In my case, I found a co-host via airbnb to manage my property but this co-host can't access my listing because they are a pro hosting team and I can't setup a hosting team as this doesn't exist anymore.

Which means that this is the end of all the Pro Co-hosting people on Airbnb...

@Rene2780 

Thanks for posting here about this. Have seen other threads on this issue as well. Sounds like Airbnb is trying to phase out the Teams functionality (not allowing any new teams) and it has created a "Catch 22" situation. People on a Team cannot be Co-Hosts at the same time and you can't add a new Team in order to get around this issue?

Steve1
Level 2
Walnut Creek, CA

I am having the EXACT same issue - and I also use iGMS as my PMS.  Can I be flagged for any response or resolution?

Cutting to the chase.

Airbnb automatically made me a host team lead on my 1 and only listing.

In order for me to be a co-host on another listing I had to deactivate that host team on my 1 and only listing.

So look for "Deactivate your team" for instructions to do that.

Only been working on that issue since May 17, 2023 and it just got resolved on June 2, 2023.

So patience was something that was really tested during this journey.

I'm just thankful, it got resolved.

Just realized I was responding from the listing I was working to be co-host of. So Lidia-and-Marita0 is the listing I finally became co-host to.

We had the exact same issue with the notification "hosting team members aren't also allowed to be co-hosts"

Any update, please? @Lidia-and-Maritza0 @Eric6069