Hosting for 3 months and off to a slow start

Erin7843
Level 2
Bonita Springs, FL

Hosting for 3 months and off to a slow start

Hi everyone. I’ve been hosting in st Augustine for three months. It’s been really slow. Is this a slow season? I’m looking for advise on how to pick up more bookings other than giving the place away. 

2 Replies 2

Hi @Erin7843 ,

If you're finding that bookings in St. Augustine are slower than expected, it could indeed be due to seasonal variations, as the city tends to attract tourists primarily during summer and major holidays. Using a dynamic pricing tool like PriceLabs can help you adjust your rates based on market demand and local events, ensuring you remain competitive without significantly lowering your prices.

Enhancing your listing with high-quality photos and a compelling description, highlighting unique amenities and the charm of the local area, can make your property more attractive. Additionally, enabling features like Instant Book can draw in guests who make last-minute travel decisions.

Consider leveraging social media to promote your property and local attractions, or even collaborate with local businesses to offer special deals to your guests. Improving the overall guest experience with personal touches, like a welcome basket or customized local tips, can lead to positive reviews and more future bookings.

Lastly, you might want to offer promotions or discounts for longer stays to fill up your calendar during off-peak times. Engaging with the Airbnb host community for insights and advice tailored to your area can also be incredibly helpful.

I hope this helps!

All the best,

Upfish Management

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Erin7843 

Your property is beautiful.  I think your description is great.

My ideas lol

People with pets really like your property.  Snap a few pictures of someone mention dog bowls, always a plus not tol ack those so highlight you have them.

Another great pet plus is a doggy bed like my husband loves our dogs but not in his bed lol

Showcase some pictures that show the enclosed yard another pet plus so highlight.

Sometimes when things for me are slow I just ty changing my cover photo, you have great pictures

An idea I know a few other hosts are trying is listings as a 3 bedroom and creating a second listing for a 2 bedroom little cheaper and locking their 3 bedroom.  Amazon has some nice bebedero keypad locks that look like fancy door knobs.