Hosting for others?

Answered!
Anne31
Level 2
Winston-Salem, NC

Hosting for others?

I have an Airbnb unit at my house, and a friend has asked me to manage a listing (or 2) for her.

I don't know if I need to create separate listings for her, or if I can add hers to my listings.

If I can add to my listings, how do I set it up so that the payments go to her, rather than to me?

Thanks!

Anne

3 Best Answers
Maria-Lurdes0
Level 10
Union City, NJ

Be aware also that any negative reviews for HER listings go to your profile if you're the one managing the listing for her.  So if suddenly one of the managed listings has a spate of problems, or if she decides you need to cancel bookings, then it's your profile/reputation that suffers, not hers.  Factor that in when you're deciding on the value of your work managing another listing.

View Best Answer in original post

Hi @Anne31

I completely agree @Maria-Lurdes0!  I also do not believe you can set money from listing A to go into bank account 123 and money from listing B and C going into account 456.  I would think this would be even a bigger nightmare.  I would never run someone elses listings under mine for all the reasons @Maria-Lurdes0 points out above.

Also @Anne31, how would that work with taxation when Airbnb provides a 1099 (I have no idea what I am talking about here - I am Canadian) for your friends listing since they are under your name?  Maybe @Luis-and-Tati0 can expand on this as he is more knowledgable with the US tax system.     

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

@Anne31

Its best if you create a listing for her independant of yours so any negative reviews will not affect you and or create any financial confusion for tax purposes . You can always be able to access the listing and manage it .  It might be a bit of a juggle to keep on top of two different pages for you , but as long as you are getting paid for it , then good for you ! 

13 Replies 13
Luis-and-Tati0
Level 10
New York, NY

Hi @Anne31

On the payout method you can add different bank accounts and on the payout rules you can specify what percentage goes to determined account… You may want to keep some % for your hard work responding inquiries and organizing the guest arrival…

You will keep all the reviews and not her…

Two different accounts to manage will be a little overwhelming for you to efficiently keep logging in/out to reply inquiries…

Unless she will control her listing at a later time you will be fine adding the two places on your account…

Luis

Thanks Luis,

I get the percentage, but can't figure out how to specify that the income from one goes to one bank, and for the other to another.  I don't want our funds to comingle, or to have to send her money. But don't worry, I'm going to charge her for my work!

Thanks,

Anne 

@Anne31

Its best if you create a listing for her independant of yours so any negative reviews will not affect you and or create any financial confusion for tax purposes . You can always be able to access the listing and manage it .  It might be a bit of a juggle to keep on top of two different pages for you , but as long as you are getting paid for it , then good for you ! 

I agree! Thanks for the help and good advice.

Maria-Lurdes0
Level 10
Union City, NJ

Be aware also that any negative reviews for HER listings go to your profile if you're the one managing the listing for her.  So if suddenly one of the managed listings has a spate of problems, or if she decides you need to cancel bookings, then it's your profile/reputation that suffers, not hers.  Factor that in when you're deciding on the value of your work managing another listing.

Hi @Anne31

I completely agree @Maria-Lurdes0!  I also do not believe you can set money from listing A to go into bank account 123 and money from listing B and C going into account 456.  I would think this would be even a bigger nightmare.  I would never run someone elses listings under mine for all the reasons @Maria-Lurdes0 points out above.

Also @Anne31, how would that work with taxation when Airbnb provides a 1099 (I have no idea what I am talking about here - I am Canadian) for your friends listing since they are under your name?  Maybe @Luis-and-Tati0 can expand on this as he is more knowledgable with the US tax system.     

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Thanks so much. Very helpful!

Thank you so much!

You CAN setup a different pay-out method for each listing you have. 

Thanks!! Good points. Very helpful!

Thank you for a helpful reply. Good points!

Luis-and-Tati0
Level 10
New York, NY

Hi @Anne31 and @Dave-and-Deb0

The imag attached is how it looks like after you adjust your payout rules for different accounts...

Each bank account has a different taxpayer assigned to it, and the rules for the taxes are for each taxpayer...

So you just need to worry about paying taxes for whatever money you make, you your friend will pay taxes on the money she make...

About the reviews, yes, this is indeed something to worry about... I would never host  a house that does not fit my profile... Even less a private room on somebody else house...  That is very personal ...

payout.png

Hi, 

Just wanted to point out there is a way to add another account right on your app. So it won't be a nightmare managing both accounts right from your phone. You'll receive notifications and messages from both accounts on your phone. Here is a screenshot how to add it. 

Hope it helps. 2016-02-10 19.20.32.png