Hosting in Seoul (Seorae)

Antoine803
Level 1
Berkeley, CA

Hosting in Seoul (Seorae)

Hi there! We're the owners of a very nice luxury villa in Seorae, Seoul, right next to Lycée Français de Séoul. We plan to live in the place in the future, but while we continue to reside in California, we are interested to put it on AirBnB so that we can generate some income with it while keeping it available for our own use.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend some help getting started? Particularly, remote hands as we are far away and can't easily manage the day to day of bookings. Right now the property is completely empty, no furniture or anything. I guess we should hire an interior designer, rent some furniture and find a cohosting team? Any recommendations would be welcomed!

3 Replies 3
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Antoine803 ,

I have moved your post to newer boards for better visibility. I am sure other Hosts would be able to offer you some great tips.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Antoine803  I would start by finding a co-host who can take care of things in your absence.  Without this person, spending money for furnishings, etc. would be hard on your budget and a potential waste if you cannot get things up and running quickly. 

I am curious about your comment about renting furniture.  Is this usual in your location? 

Hi @Lorna170 , I'm not sure if it's common for airbnb hosts, but for the short term monthly rental market where we are, it appears to be. Our place is quite upscale and vacant at this time, staging it with bought furniture would be in the couple tens of thousands $. I figured I could try out the airbnb market first using rental furniture, so that I'm not out a ton of money if the airbnb income doesn't come high enough.