Hosts check your listing category - mine was moved from Rooms to a Place to Stay

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hosts check your listing category - mine was moved from Rooms to a Place to Stay

I offer a room in my home with access to a living/dining room, dining room and garden.

When the summer changes took place I was correctly put in the Rooms category.

On checking my listing today I saw Airbnb had changed my category from Rooms to 'Place to Stay' which is a category for hosts who don't offer shared facilities and I no longer show up in the Rooms category. 

I have just spent nearly an hour on the phone to Airbnb trying to explain what the issue is and asking them to change it back. Customer Services seem unaware of the new categories system and what I was asking them to do.

I would suggest other hosts who offer Rooms check their listing to see that their listings are still in the correct category.

I also had to contact them last week because they showed my listing as being shared with other guests which is not the case. 

9 Replies 9
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Helen3 My categories haven't changed (countryside and historic homes) but I suspect these have finally bedded in. Rooms, being new, will no doubt take somewhat longer I'm afraid.

I appreciate that. What I don't understand is why last week I was in the Rooms category and this week Airbnb moved me to the Place To Stay category which means I don't show up when guests look for a room. My views have plummeted as a result. @Mike-And-Jane0 

Hi, 

i am having the same issue were you able to get it fixed?

Thanks

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Yes I did. Someone here posted a fix which I followed. Sorry I can't remember what it was @Abdull0 

Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Helen3 

I've just seen your listing is in Bristol😊 My daughter studied there so visited a few times and loved it!  

I've seen this Airbnb link that towards the end of the article says what to do if you don't find yourself in the "rooms "category but rather in the "Places to stay" category so I'm hoping it might help but it does involve contacting CS - you have already I saw and we know that sometimes this has its limits😉

It's a really nice feature I agree so I hope you manage to get yourself back into it!  

Good luck

Joëlle

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Ah thanks @Joelle43 

It's such a vibrant city I love living here.

And lots of my guests are parents  who are coming to Bristol to visit their children who are at University or who have moved here. 

it's still in the wrong category today but fingers crossed . It's such an easy fix for them to make. 

But did it stay as an "Entire place"?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sorry I don't understand your question it was never listed as an 'entire place'  @AZ-Housing0 

My bad, I thought, you were renting entire property.