House Swap / Anyone in Bold Coast Maine want to trade spots for a beachside bungalow in Santa Monica?

Trent120
Level 1
Santa Monica, CA

House Swap / Anyone in Bold Coast Maine want to trade spots for a beachside bungalow in Santa Monica?

I have a beautiful beach bungalow (Studio) just a few steps to the Ocean. Beautiful Ocean Park location and walking distance to Main St and the Pier. I am looking to swap with someone who has a place along the Bold Coast of Maine so I can look at real estate for a few days. 

Much appreciated! 

4 Replies 4

Hello, 
It sounds like you're interested in a house swap between a beachside bungalow in Santa Monica and a location in Bold Coast, Maine. House swapping can be a unique and exciting way to experience new places while reducing travel costs. Here are some steps you might consider if you're serious about arranging a house swap:

Research and List: Begin by researching potential house swap partners in Bold Coast, Maine who might be interested in trading with you. Look for online platforms, forums, or websites dedicated to house swapping where you can list your property and browse available options.
Detailed Listings: Create detailed and appealing listings for both your beachside bungalow in Santa Monica and what you're looking for in Bold Coast, Maine. Include photos, descriptions, amenities, and any specific preferences you have for the swap.
Communicate: Once you find a potential match, communicate with the other party to discuss details, expectations, and any specific terms of the swap. Clear communication is key to ensuring both parties are on the same page.
Agree on Terms: Outline the terms of the house swap, including the dates, duration, any financial arrangements, and any specific conditions. It's important to have a clear agreement to avoid any misunderstandings.
Preparation and Logistics: Make necessary preparations for the swap, such as cleaning and organizing your home for the other party. Ensure you provide any relevant information about the property, local attractions, and practical details.
Security and Insurance: Consider issues of security and insurance during the swap. You might want to have a written agreement that outlines responsibilities and expectations for maintaining the properties.
Enjoy Your Stay: Once everything is arranged and agreed upon, enjoy your house swap experience! Treat the other party's property with respect and care, just as you would expect them to do with yours.
Feedback and Reviews: After the swap, consider leaving feedback and reviews for each other on the house swap platform. This can help build trust within the house swapping community. 

Keep in mind that arranging a house swap requires careful planning, coordination, and trust between both parties. It's important to do your due diligence and ensure you're comfortable with the arrangement before proceeding. 

**[Link removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to advertise on the Community Center. 

TellPopeyes
Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

For a home swap, you will have more success using homeexchange.com
I have used them since 2006 and have had 35 successful exchanges, bringing me all over the world.
@Trent120 

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

My places are not quite in Bold Coast Maine but might be close enough @Trent120!  However, I won't be going to Santa Monica until next year, or I would try to work something out.  Good luck!

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why don't you post on one of the host swap groups on FB or the house swap websites @Trent120