How can I enhance my listing?

Ema3296
Level 8
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina

How can I enhance my listing?

Dear hosts,

I would love your insights on how I can improve my Airbnb listing to make it more appealing to guests. Are there any specific aspects you think I should focus on? I would greatly appreciate any comments or suggestions you have.

Here is the link to my property 👉 Villa in Kanton Sarajevo · ★4.80 · 5 bedrooms · 9 beds · 2 baths

Screenshot 2024-09-20 at 9.49.49 AM.png

Thank you all,

Best regards,

Ema

(Content modified by OCM)

13 Replies 13
Natalie1258
Level 2
Durban, South Africa

Hi Ema,

Your property looks like it is in great condition and the amenities are clearly stated.  The reviews show the attention and care you and your family have for the home away from home.  Bravo!  
keep the momentum going.  

Ema3296
Level 8

Dear @Natalie1258,

Thank you so much for your kind words. Have you noticed any aspects that I could improve in my listing?

Best regards,

Ema

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Ema3296, It’s great to see you starting your critique listing thread!

While other hosts may chime in with their advice, I’ve also reached out to some of our amazing hosts to see if they’d like to share their feedback on your listing:  @Greg2406@Peter4167@Sussy0@Jamie600@Steven1482@Katarzyna87@Jim-and-Caroline0 

Looking forward to hearing their fantastic suggestions! 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Ema3296
Level 8

Dear @Paula ,

Thank you so much. Advices how to improve my listing would really mean a lot to me. I appreciate your effort. ❤️

Warm regards from Sarajevo,

Ema

Hi @Ema3296 ,  Super cute listing!! 😍

I would switch up your top 5 photos. Include at least one living room shot, one master bedroom that looks cozy, and one of the beautiful views. I would remove some of the flower photos that are shot from a different camera and not necessarily related to your property. They are pretty but distracting. I also think a few of the photos are a little busy and with my ADHD I would shut down if I get overwhelmed by clutter and go on to the next listing.  I would streamline the photos with simple and clean lines.  🙂 Great job! 🌵 

Kindest regards,
Jamie 
P.S. I need to take my own advice on my listing. lol 

Alicia1194
Level 2
Sullivan, ME

@Ema3296 I am a lover of plants and get a lot of compliments on mine.  Makes it feel like you are at home.  That is just my opinion.   

Alex11115
Level 1
Brechin, United Kingdom

Hi @Ema3296 ,

you have a lovely property there and a beautiful location. A few points that I think will help your listing would be as follows:

- The five photos on the main page are all showing the exterior of the property. I suggest putting a mixture of photos including the sleeping and the dining facilities as this will immediately attract people's attention;

- The photos of the bathrooms are blurry and make me feel like there is something not quite perfect and bathrooms are very important to make people feel great;

- I would replace a shower curtain with a shower door/screen as curtains like this tend to be lifted by the natural airflow occurring due to the hot air rising when people shower and then it sticks to the body. Things like this might put some people off.

Wishing you all the best with your business.

Alex

Hello @Ema3296 ! It seems indeed that you have a wonderful property! I would suggest to arrange for some better pictures because the ones uploaded already are not very appealing. Also i think it would be useful to have a better balance between the indoors and the outdoors. In addition the different areas (indoors), seem a bit “empty”. For example i can see the kitchen counter but i cannot see any utensils, tableware, plates etc. Same goes for the various rooms. I think they need a bit of something on the walls and the pool table although its a great addition it doesn’t look playable. Finally i would certainly change the shower curtain to a glass door or something similar. Best of luck and again you have a wonderful property! 

Ahmed783
Level 2
Cairo Governorate, Egypt

Dear Ema,

Thank you for sharing your beautiful property with the community!

After looking at your listing, I believe that focusing on photography could significantly boost its appeal to potential guests.I highly recommend hiring a professional photographer who specializes in real estate or hospitality photography. High-quality, well-composed photos can make a world of difference by highlighting the unique features of your property, making it stand out in a competitive market.

In addition to sharp and bright images, I suggest including photos that have a "live touch." For example, capturing people enjoying the space or engaging in activities can help guests imagine themselves in your home. This human element adds warmth and can create an emotional connection that increases the likelihood of bookings.

Improving the visual representation of your property can be a quick win in attracting more guests and maximizing the potential of your listing.Feel free to reach out if you need any further advice!B

est regards,

Ahmed

Sussy0
Level 2
Fairfax, VA

Hi @Ema3296 I love your place, it's so cute! I agree with the suggestions other hosts gave you but will also suggest to add a fire and carbon monoxide alarms, it's an extra layer of security that brings safety to foreigners that are used to have them, they aren't expensive. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Ema3296, I hope everything is going well with you.

There are many great suggestions here from our hosts on how to enhance your listing. Have you had the chance to read them?

We would love to hear your thoughts 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Alex10958
Level 2
Old Town, ME

I would maybe have a few different photos as the first ones as this is the first thing people see when they open your listing. Currently all five look too similar (just showing different angles of the front of the property). I would pick five photos that best summarize the property and showcase the amenities that you think are most appealing and have them as the first five. I understand wanting to keep everything orderly in the photos, but those first photos that show up make the biggest impression and you don't want someone to click away without having seen the beautiful interior!

Another thing would be to use a wider lens for some of the shots. It makes the space look small when you use a narrow lens, things are too close and get cut out. Maybe also simplify and reduce the number of photos and organize them in a way that might help people understand the layout (after the first five!). Stick to a consistent number of photos per room for example (one wide angle, opposite direction wide angle, and perhaps a highlight of something you want guests to notice about that particular room). Avoid photos that are repetitive. Try to capture as much info about a room/space with minimal shots and avoid showing things multiple times. Also I noticed some of your photos are a little crooked and fuzzy. I would suggest retaking them.

Below are some suggestions for the first five photos:

Screenshot 2024-09-26 at 01-03-26 Holiday Home Green - Villas for Rent in Kanton Sarajevo Federacija Bosne i Hercegovine Bosnia & Herzegovina - Airbnb.pngScreenshot 2024-09-26 at 01-01-29 Holiday Home Green - Villas for Rent in Kanton Sarajevo Federacija Bosne i Hercegovine Bosnia & Herzegovina - Airbnb.pngScreenshot 2024-09-26 at 01-07-05 Holiday Home Green - Villas for Rent in Kanton Sarajevo Federacija Bosne i Hercegovine Bosnia & Herzegovina - Airbnb.png
Screenshot 2024-09-26 at 01-03-54 Holiday Home Green - Villas for Rent in Kanton Sarajevo Federacija Bosne i Hercegovine Bosnia & Herzegovina - Airbnb.pngScreenshot 2024-09-26 at 01-06-12 Holiday Home Green - Villas for Rent in Kanton Sarajevo Federacija Bosne i Hercegovine Bosnia & Herzegovina - Airbnb.pngScreenshot 2024-09-26 at 01-04-25 Holiday Home Green - Villas for Rent in Kanton Sarajevo Federacija Bosne i Hercegovine Bosnia & Herzegovina - Airbnb.png

Outside of photos, I would suggest streamlining your property description and instead of describing the home in detail, let the photos speak for themselves. It's a lot to read and people have short attention spans. Stick to talking about amenities as people want to know what they are paying for. Keep it short and sweet! Things to mention- logistics about location (particularly if you are appealing to foreign travelers), amenities (any particular things you offer like a fully stocked kitchen, games, or TV subscriptions), highlight a few things to do (at the property and in the area).

Also noticed your wifi is only 9 mbps which is very slow. Is that accurate? If it is faster than that, I would update that information.

Beautiful, warm, and colorful home by the way!

Alex11097
Level 1
Morrison, CO

Ema, 

I absolutely love your listing. A few suggestions of revisions I would make if this was my listing. 

I may have an unpopular opinion here, but too many photos can sometimes be overwhelming to guests. You have some great exterior shots - but maybe consider removing some that are repetitive. 

Additionally, I have read that the first 5-7 photos are viewed and if they don't show what the guest would like to see in a home, they will move on to the next listing. Because of this, I have organized my own listing to highlight my best feature with my main photo (hot tub and pool) and then gone straight into bedrooms and kitchen. I leave my additional exterior photos for later in the photo listing order. 

Hope this helps!