How do i set a minimum length of stay for New Year?

Nick86
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

How do i set a minimum length of stay for New Year?

Hi

I want to make the minimum length of stay 5 days over the period 27/12 to 2/01

how do i do that?

thanks

12 Replies 12
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

Under Trip Length, there is an option called Add Seasonal Requirement.  You can do what you are requesting using that option.

Nick86
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

i have been through all the tabs and can't find that option - can you point me in the right direction?

thanks

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Nick86 

Have you found the Airbnb Help website - it’s a good resource for the basics around managing your listing

If you use the search function there it should take you to a page which shows you how to customise minimum stays for set periods. 

Nick86
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

thanks

yes i tried that but didn't find anything for a particular period

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Nick86 

Yes, it is there, under section "Trip lenght", it is called "add  a custom rule for seasons and specific dates"

Then under pulldown menu "during" you set the specific dates.

Nick86
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

got it thanks v much

Emiel1
Level 10

@Nick86 

In addtion to @Pat271 

Please note The min. stay counts from the day of check-in. It is not acting like a wall, so if somebody books on 26th and your normal min. stay is 2 nights, they can book !

If you want only bookings for minimal 5 nights where dates are completely within(!) the time period you mentioned, you need to experiment also by restricted  check-in day /check-out day . Applying a proper ruleset is more flexible.

Nick86
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

yes i have 2 nights min set by default - but need a special use case for new year. I keep having to turn people down then the dates get blocked and I have to unblock

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

046C6B9F-0CC8-438B-A58A-0FBB00F9610E.jpeg

As @Nick86 implied, you’ll have to set up some “can’t check out” rules as well, and apply them to days 2-5, so that someone can’t check-in earlier on the calendar and check-out in the middle of your block.

It should be easier to do than this, IMO.  For one thing, you should be able to apply the “check-out” rule directly in the above screenshot, but that doesn’t seem to be an option.  “Maximum days” also doesn’t seem to be an option when creating a rule.  Both would be useful.

Emiel1
Level 10

@Pat271  @Nick86 

That is why i suggested to use the rulesset-system. Which can be found when managing the calender, select the dates and then create a ruleset. It has much more options, like check-in/checkout day in one form..

added: screenshot

Screenshot_2020-09-17 Airbnb.jpg

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

Right, but that’s too laborious.  They should be able to “edit a requirement” as in the first screenshot above, and select maximum stay and check-out options there (2 very common options), without going through another rules creation process.

There is a fine line between flexibility and usability in software.

@Nick86 , can you figure out how to accomplish what you need from the info above?

Nick86
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

thanks all

no - it all gets a bit complicated to be honest. I have done the basics which I hope will stop the bookings from 30/12-2/01

i don't have instabook turned on so can filter out the rest

thanks all