How do you feel about including nearby attractions on your listing photos?

John1080
Level 10
Westcliffe, CO

How do you feel about including nearby attractions on your listing photos?

How do others feel about including on your listing photos of nearby attractions? Across the Internet, some suggest using them, while others maintain that all photos should be of the listing itself. Thoughts? 

*[Post moved to create new topic – title updated]

9 Replies 9
Habib13
Level 1
Calgary, Canada

I personally don't like or want to see pictures of attractions nearby as they can be misleading. I've seen people post pictures of pools when that's not part of the listing but available at a nearby facility... This is usually not an issue for guests from the same area but can be very misleading for those coming from abroad and not familiar with what might be business as usual in the area.

Vicki123
Level 1
Banksia Beach, Australia

Hi John,

I include a few lifestyle shots as we have beautiful walks, cycle ways, a beach and bird hides all across the road. Our location is a drawcard.

Cheers,

Vicki

I also include a few photos of attraction and activities in the area and I label the photographs to make it clear what they are.

I also add photo's of local beaches & wineries as that's what brings travelling guests to this Margaret River Wine Region. We are a world renowned tourist destination & It gives anyone searching places to stay a hint of what they can expect. The other advantage is we are known also as a wedding destination, so the hospitality side of putting photo's on my site can help with their  location of stay.

Always good to get feed back. Thanks 

@Margaret225, I lived in Perth for about six months several years ago and made a few trips down to Margaret River - gorgeous area! 

Joel334
Level 2
Shell Knob, MO

As a host and a guest, its exciting to see photos of nearby attractions. Especially if you mention places that are within walking distance, short bike ride or car ride. Think people really enjoy seeing what they can get into while planning their trip.

Just be careful to describe the distances and attraction accurately so there is no or little surprises for your guests when they arrive.

Obviously the photos should really highlight your space, but doesn't hurt to throw in some nearby attractions at the end.

Wende2
Level 10
Church Creek, MD

I have those on my listing, if I'm not being honest with those it's only hurting me.  Besides it shows people things about the area they may not have known otherwise.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @John1080@Wende2@Joel334@Margaret225@Kalean0@Vicki123,

It's great to see this topic and your replies here. Just to let you know, I've made it into a new discussion, as it was slightly hidden in the original thread. 

It would be great to hear what others think?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Rubén16
Level 10
Vermont, United States

@Lizzie  I decided to add nearby attractions at the requests of previous guests, eventhough I had nearby attractions written on my listing, many guests overlooked to read the whole listing.

Several of my guests suggested that I should put nearby attraction Photos on my listing that way they are better able to plan their vaction itinerary before they arrived. 

Thereafter I added them to my photos and under each photo I stated how far the attraction is from the Cottage. So my suggestion is yes do add photos of nearby attractions however, do state how far the attraction is from your listing or the dates when the events are occuring if they are seasonal, holidays,.....etc.

Rubén