How do you list a two bedroom sleeping 4 with one l kitchen

Angela3013
Level 2
Southport, United Kingdom

How do you list a two bedroom sleeping 4 with one l kitchen

I have a separate annexe self contained with own entrance it’s has 2 bedrooms one kitchen and lounge area should I list it separately to attract 2 people with a smaller price how does duplicate listings work ? Thank you

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Angela3013 If you list it as a private room (and have 2 listings) then you are likely to have problems as with 2 unrelated sets of people one will make a mess in the bathroom or kitchen and the other will complain!.

You are far better off advertising as a two bed place for 4? guests. You could also have a second listing -a 1 bedroom place for 2 guests and lock the 2nd bedroom door if this is booked. This will allow you to capture two markets. If you do this you should link the calendars to prevent double bookings.

@Angela3013   I would suggest testing the waters for a few months with just a 2-bedroom listing,  as your catchment will still include parties of 2 that want to sleep separately.  It might turn out that you get enough occupancy without needing a second listing for the solo/couples market.