How to Change payout details for completed reservations?

Jelena167
Level 1
BG, Serbia

How to Change payout details for completed reservations?

Hello, I have changed payout method/bank and details, while still had not released payout from airbnb (via minimum set higher), and with old payout method. I am not managing to change payout details for these reservations/earned money, and am kind of stuck..

8 Replies 8
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Jelena167 

Payouts are normally processed on the day after the guest checked-in.

The payout-method marked as default is used.

More info:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/54/how-do-i-edit-or-change-my-payout-method

Best reards,

Emiel.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Jelena167  As I recall, they use the payout method in place on the date of booking.  So I think what you're saying is that there were some reservations in place before you added a new payout method?  If so those payouts will go to the old payout method:

"When you add a new payout routing rule, it will apply only to new bookings that are confirmed after the rules were changed, not to reservations that have already been confirmed."

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1315/how-do-i-manage-more-than-one-payout-method

@Ann72  But that’s the issue :(, I have non released payouts, with old methods set, and have to move those to new payout methods - so how to go about this? 

@Jelena167  You can't.  "A new payout rule will apply only to new bookings."  🙁

At Airbnb documentation, "payout rule" or "payout route" is a concept related to splitting funds from a reservation into different payout methods and persons.

The concept of "payout route" is not the same as "payout method" or "default payout method" on Airbnb documentation.
Maybe documentation is wrong. Maybe the development team has modeled this detail different from the documentation.

The Advice that 

"When you add a new payout routing rule, it will apply only to new bookings that are confirmed after the rules were changed, not to reservations that have already been confirmed."

Is not present under the title where they explain the default payout method.
Several payout methods are not referenced as "payout routes" or "payout rules" on the documentation.

So it has sense that if you have set a special splitting routing rule , keeping memory of that splitting on every reservation made.

But for money whose destination payout was set as the DEFAUT payout method, they should just keep this DEFAULT placeholder on their memory, but not the content of the placeholder.
When you change the DEFAULT meaning, payouts on hold for the previous DEFAULT should now be assigned to the new DEFAULT value .

One thing is to hardcode a special payout method or routing for some listing, some reservations.
Other thing is to use the placeholder DEFAULT as the payout method for listings.

Completed reservations which used the DEFAULT placeholder to define the payout should only retain the DEFAULT concept while they are on hold at Airbnb by the minimum payout value or any other delay, to allow the user to modify the content of the DEFAULT and redirect the hold funds where the user wants the payout to be done now.

This aspect of payout is under documented. And I think its counter intuitively modeled. Airbnb should fix this.

@Ann72 
Airbnb don't say "payout method" is a "payout routing" at the documentation.

Using concepts from payout routing to payout methods and to DEFAULT payout method is too creative. 
Maybe you are right about the description of the reality of the system. But that reality is not expressed on Airbnb's documentation.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Michael--And-Camila-0  You're absolutely right - the methods and the routing rules are two different things.  I'm sorry if I confused the issue.  It wouldn't make sense to use an old payout method even for reservations made before the payout method had changed. 

I was speaking from experience of changing a payout routing rule.  Bookings made before the routing rule was changed were not split according to the new rule.

@Jelena167 

There is a text hidden inside paragraphs about payout routing rules which explain something apparently more general about payouts and minimum amounts that put funds pending on hold. 
If this is the reality Airbnb wants in their model, they should put that concept not so difficult to find. As I don't use splitting routings, I did't read this before.
So instead of centralizing the control of the payouts , they pretend the host to control it reservation by reservation from history.
And they hind this instructions in this specific part of the documentation.

Not clear. Is this upcoming payout text specific for payout routing users ?Not clear. Is this upcoming payout text specific for payout routing users ?