How to book more guests

Answered!
Ruth1519
Level 3
Hastings, MI

How to book more guests

Hello. I'm new to Airbnb. I had two separate bookings last month. Will someone help me figure out how to get more guests? I have lots of photos that illustrate my amenities. I think I need to go back to listing 2 rooms instead of one. Also need to know if I should change my setting to say I won't be here. 

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Ruth1519 Can I suggest you look at your listing as a guest would. When I click on the photos the first one I get is the shared lounge which just shows a single armchair rather than later photos which show a more sociable space.

View Best Answer in original post

46 Replies 46

@Marie8425 Thanks for your advice. The other room I have is my bedroom which can also be used. My first guests came with a baby. They were only spending the night and suggested they could squeeze  together in the twin bed as shown. I wanted them to get a good night's rest so they slept in my room. They really appreciated it. 

@Marie8425 please give me feedback on my changes.

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Ruth1519 

I think really good . 

Change the discount to association with the Hospital.  That encourages other relatives and hospitals have a lot 

Change number of people to 3 not 1 since you are in the house pricing per head shouldn't cause you a count issue

3 is good for parents too because many times another kid

Take pictures of your kitchen dining and any area to just watch the evening news.  If you have a desk area take a picture if not don't worry people use the table just checking em ails.  I love the retreat name if my kid or my mom is in the hospital close and retreat

Use the folders for pictures bedroom dining room kitchen just more organized

If the bath is on ly for the use of guests booked together it is considered private A shared bath is people outside your group.

In  your description use like free tool Chatgpt to add some attractive references to retreat environment,

Once it is ready contact the hospital social worker, they help families find places to stay they keep a list.  Then the personnel office, they keep a list too for people working for a few m onths.

Also look for in your area any staffing agencies that do medical personnel, nurses, therapists, radiology a lot of people.

Discuss parking, usually 1 spot per bedroom.  if the street that is fine, just so people aren't worried,

@Marie8425 Do you mean set it up with the hospitals first and then add that to my listing?  Also it's confusing to me because when I look at my listing as both host and guest each rooms show up as separate categories. I did make the changes you recommended about adding 3 instead of 1. I changed bathrooms to read as dedicated although I use them too. Thank you for the advice about working with hospital social workers, staffing agencies, etc. The hospital here is 10 minutes away from my home. I have a picture of my private driveway too. 

@Ruth1519 

Sorry sometimes my brain confuses me too. lol

No I meant once your comfortable with the Airbnb listing including the mention of the Hospital Discount.  Then present the Airbnb listing to the hospital

Especially since you live there insist on using the platform.  If somebody can't set up an Airbnb account which isn't difficult then I just say sorry can't rent.  I just don't take the chance.

I also for the rooms in my house do not allow any unnamed guests.  Occasionally a guest doesn't like, I just say no thank you.

I will try searching as a guest and see what I see.

Hi. @Marie8425 Thanks for clarifying. My brain seems to always be confused. Lol. You mean once I'm satisfied with my listing approach the hospitals, etc. Thanks again for all your great suggestions about doing that! 

@Ruth1519 

The changes to your photos are  great really better perspective.   Especially I am a couple dealing with a child in the hospital sure  I want budget friendly but I don't want the stress of cheap.  The retreat name is fantastic.  Your number of guest is still 1 but when I searched your city for a room for 1 you were right at the top,.

@Marie8425 thanks for getting back to me! I'll try to figure out how to change guests to 3. I'm happy you found me in your search. As you can I'm the only Airbnb in Hastings. What did you mean about not wanting the stress of being cheap? I'm glad you love the title Arden's Retreat. It's in memory of my uncle Arden. 

@Ruth1519 

Haha Stress of cheap - neighborhood just not the highly recommended, neighbors in the next room get lively in average sleeping time, customer service forgetting you are the customer minor things but if you are dealing with health of a loved one things you just don't feel up to dealing with

That's why your name "Retreat" and your desire to be a retreat for people.will do awesome.

@Ruth1519 

Brain always plotting haha.

Someone in a bike race is also looking for a "Retreat"  Their mind is on a race not is my bike safe, is my bike dirty and definitely sleeping at night

@Ruth1519 

Idea tweak your title name to "Safe Retreat".  Your market wants a "Retreat" I would say because"Safe" is just not worrying that around every corner is a stress danger.

My mind is on winning my race and I am thinking about my priority, I don't want that interrupted because I hear a noise outside and I know my expensive bike is outside not 100% secure.  No bike, no race.

@Marie8425 I don't want to change my title but I can include it with my comments about the race. Thanks for the good idea!

Hello @Marie8425 thank you for clarifying about the stresses you mentioned. I want every guest to be in a safe, quiet space especially those with critically ill children. I'm glad you like my title. 😍

@Ruth1519 

Tying into a hospital is very good.  They do keep lists because I still have my Hawaii number but stopped renting my hospital associated rentals a few years now, I still get calls for Hawaii rentals from hospital social workers.  It can be an excellent market.  Feedback from Social Workers too is excellent for identifying market desires.

@Marie8425 hello! Thanks for your input about working with hospital social workers. I'm 10 minutes from the hospital in town. Helen DeVos Children's Hospital is 40 miles from me. The freeways are close by too. I really appreciate your support and encouragement!