Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

How to book more guests

Answered!
Ruth1519
Level 3
Hastings, MI

How to book more guests

Hello. I'm new to Airbnb. I had two separate bookings last month. Will someone help me figure out how to get more guests? I have lots of photos that illustrate my amenities. I think I need to go back to listing 2 rooms instead of one. Also need to know if I should change my setting to say I won't be here. 

Top Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Ruth1519 Can I suggest you look at your listing as a guest would. When I click on the photos the first one I get is the shared lounge which just shows a single armchair rather than later photos which show a more sociable space.

View Top Answer in original post

46 Replies 46
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Ruth1519 Can I suggest you look at your listing as a guest would. When I click on the photos the first one I get is the shared lounge which just shows a single armchair rather than later photos which show a more sociable space.

I don't know what you mean. I sent you my link as I see it. https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1177544843892516950?viralityEntryPoint=1&s=76

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Ruth1519 👋

I'm tagging @Mike-And-Jane0  here so they receive a notification of your message. This ensures that they get a notification that you've replied to them specifically 🤗

Quick tip: if you type "@" and then the username, this will tag the member that you're replying to.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Rebecca Hi! Thanks for the heads up! Can you tell me how to find this forum from now on? I'm having the hardest time finding it and when I do I forget how I did it. Oh bother! as Winnie the Pooh would say. 😉

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Oh no, that's not very good at all @Ruth1519. How do you normally access the Community Center, on a mobile device or desktop? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Ruth1519 If you click on the first photo you will see what I mean. 

@Mike-And-Jane0 hello. Please see my previous text. 

@Mike-And-Jane0 I finally figured out what you mean. Thanks for pointing it out and I will update. 

Hi @Ruth1519 , I’ve been a super host with a property in the top 1 % of Airbnb listings and I definitely think you have a great property and am happy to suggest just a couple of ideas.  The first bedroom photo…does the bedroom have a locked door? If it does ( and the curtain is not the only privacy) perhaps remove the curtain or tie it back and show the door in a new photo with the bed in it so it’s clear it’s a completely private room. Please don’t be insulted but it’s a good idea to only include furniture for guest use  that they can actually comfortably use. I  love your grandmother’s rocker but as a guest, I would not be comfortable using it for fear of breaking it ( and there’s a wreath on it) . If it’s decoration only, don’t include photos in your listing of it. 
You will do fine and get lots of bookings! Take photos with all lights on and in the best and brightest natural light of the day. And if I might suggest, don’t do close up photos. Show the big picture, so to speak. 
Best of luck! You can do this! 

Hi @Sandra6156 Thank you so much for your great advice! I haven't got a lock for the room with the curtain yet. Old doors and new locks don't work. But I will put a hook lock on it. The bed curtain is intentional. I get what you are saying though. 🙂 I'll include a picture of the bed showing the door. I'm not insulted by any means. I agree with the rocking chair. It was more for decor than actual use for that room. I will put it somewhere else in my home. I appreciate you bringing that to my attention because I would be heart sick if it was broken. I'm not sure what photos are close ups. What ones are you referring to? Thank you again!

Hi Ruth, you live in such a picturesque community and I love that you provide photos of the market delights guests can visit and buy…I would suggest taking wider view photos of the area and not concentrate on the items themselves ( jam jars, syrup jugs etc)☺️ You have a lovely home and I really wish you all the best in this journey. Just a few tweaks and you should be fine☺️

@Mike-And-Jane0 Hello. I did look at it as a guest. Yes, I see the armchair and I can see every room. What am I not understanding? 

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Ruth1519 

The bedroom sleeps 1 person don't on your description promote a  bedroom listing because your limit of 1 means theta don't see you.  One Guest is a limited market. you got 2 which is  really good.  Focus on why and promote that in your description,  +If you have ani=other ri=oom that accommodates 2 list a second room.  You can link calendars if you want only 1  rented at a time