How to book more guests

Answered!
Ruth1519
Level 3
Hastings, MI

How to book more guests

Hello. I'm new to Airbnb. I had two separate bookings last month. Will someone help me figure out how to get more guests? I have lots of photos that illustrate my amenities. I think I need to go back to listing 2 rooms instead of one. Also need to know if I should change my setting to say I won't be here. 

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Ruth1519 Can I suggest you look at your listing as a guest would. When I click on the photos the first one I get is the shared lounge which just shows a single armchair rather than later photos which show a more sociable space.

View Best Answer in original post

46 Replies 46

I agree with your suggestions here. The main photo is currently of the living room and it looks quite crowded. I'd probably skip past a photo like that myself. 

The bathroom looks beautiful! I would definitely feature this up the photo list more. Also, many of the photos are too close up. Are you able to take wider-angle photos of the rooms? As a photographer friend says, photographs should include context, not only the thing you want as the focus. 

Also, a suggestion from an international perspective: it might be different where you live, but when I see an American flag being flown outside of a house, unfortunately, I wonder whether or not the owner is racist. I am commenting here on the perception, of course! This is not comment on you as a Host. However, I wonder whether this might be putting off some guests.

In Australia I never book accommodation with a flag flying out front for this very reason (the perception here is sadly closer to accurate). 

@Polly16@ I fly it in memory of the men and women who died for our freedoms. Thank you for your perspective.