How to change my listing so it is female only guests

Answered!

How to change my listing so it is female only guests

We offer female accommodation services, and we have a few listings on AirBNB but I am finding a few male guests wanting to book in.

I have included in the title and body that it is female specific accommodation, and also in the house rules that it is only for women, but I still have male guests trying to book.

One male traveller mentioned that I will need to edit my selection preferences, but I have no idea how to do this, could someone help me out?

Thanks.

1 Best Answer

@Maylin0 

There is currently no way to automatically filter for "female only" listings. The guest MUST read the descriptions to know these things. I actually understand why some female hosts want to host female guests only - especially if the listing has a shared bathroom. 

I do not think this is sexist in any way, and it is allowed by Airbnb if there are shared living spaces. 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1807/can-i-choose-to-only-host-people-of-my-own-gender

View Best Answer in original post

34 Replies 34
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

There is no way of ensuring only females book. You have to include it in your description/house rules and also ask each guest if they are male or female. 

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I always wondered about the legalities of this, I am sure it varies. ABB is a worldwide platform and each country will have its own laws.

David
David324
Level 2
Dorrington, CA

As a member of this community for 3 years I need to say I'm offended at the blatant sexism of your "no males wanted" policy. I hope Airbnb removes your listing.

I don't understand your comment, if there is house for ladies only it's perfectly normal, don't take it personal! 

How about we have no blacks alowed as well?  It is blatant sexism 

That would be racism, not sexism. I hope you know the difference. It seems like Airbnb is allowing sexism, but not racism.

David, this is not a sexist issue, it is a safety issue. I think you already knew that.

Hi david ı understand your opinion but my wife she is American with hijab so she doesn't want male guest. 

Everybody has different reasons 

If someone has been raped by a man and yet needs the income of ABB and feels safer having female stangers in their home, while they are sleeping at night,  I personally see nothing wrong with that.

Carla322
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

males dug their own grave

Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

Lol

I don't understand why would you be offended. If a single female is renting a room in her house it is normal she feels more comfortable with another female sharing such close quarters. It is a preference and it is OK.

I know of people who have a preference for sharing "close quarters" only with heterosexual white Evangelical Christians. Since it's their personal preference, you're okay with that too, right?

David [Inappropiate content hidden] I dont like having males in my home because they are super dirty and don’t clean up after their selves, 90 percent of the males that have booked in my house have this issue, on the other hand about 90 percent of the women that book are clean and neat. [Inappropiate content hidden]