How to choose a name for my listing?

Answered!

How to choose a name for my listing?

How to choose a name for my listing that will show up in searches 

[Title updated by Community Manager for relevancy]

1 Best Answer

Hi @Lara1768 

Like @Helen3 mentions, your Title should include your best amenities or what makes you stand out from other listings. You say you are a "2 min walk to all amenities, 7 min drive to ski slopes". I would add that to your title:

"Cozy Apt 7 Mins to Ski Slopes! Walk to Amenities!" 

Listing Accuracy

Under your amenities you say this listing is ski-in, ski out? If guests can't walk out the front door and put skis on and get to the ski slopes, then the lisiting is not "ski-in, ski-out". It's hard to tell from your pictures.

Joan2709_1-1707320213255.png

Cover Photo

If you can get a better exterior photo of the building at twilight and a bit further back, I would make that your cover photo. You need a better cover photo to get guests to click your listing when searching. That will probably be the most important thing you can do to improve bookings. I would also get better quality photos taken. Many are tilted or poorly lit.

Review Your Amenities List

Your listing says you have "no heat" (the strikethrough means you are saying you don't have that amenity). Guests will not want to stay in a unit with no heat! I'm guessing you do have heat in the unit, so I would go through your amenities list and review the entire list. If you have a fireplace, you absolutely need a smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector. I would get that taken care of ASAP. You also have a strikethrough on essentials? That includes linens/towels. Most guests expect those to be provided, so I would update your amenities list if you do provide them:

Joan2709_3-1707320355901.png

Hope your bookings pick up soon!

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

All names show up in searches @Lara1768 - choose a name that helps guests who you've identified as your target market to understand what makes your place special. 

Thank you Helen. I am new on this , so I was wondering why I don’t have many bookings yet although it is high season, I thought maybe the name isn’t attractive enough 🙂

Hi @Lara1768 

Like @Helen3 mentions, your Title should include your best amenities or what makes you stand out from other listings. You say you are a "2 min walk to all amenities, 7 min drive to ski slopes". I would add that to your title:

"Cozy Apt 7 Mins to Ski Slopes! Walk to Amenities!" 

Listing Accuracy

Under your amenities you say this listing is ski-in, ski out? If guests can't walk out the front door and put skis on and get to the ski slopes, then the lisiting is not "ski-in, ski-out". It's hard to tell from your pictures.

Joan2709_1-1707320213255.png

Cover Photo

If you can get a better exterior photo of the building at twilight and a bit further back, I would make that your cover photo. You need a better cover photo to get guests to click your listing when searching. That will probably be the most important thing you can do to improve bookings. I would also get better quality photos taken. Many are tilted or poorly lit.

Review Your Amenities List

Your listing says you have "no heat" (the strikethrough means you are saying you don't have that amenity). Guests will not want to stay in a unit with no heat! I'm guessing you do have heat in the unit, so I would go through your amenities list and review the entire list. If you have a fireplace, you absolutely need a smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector. I would get that taken care of ASAP. You also have a strikethrough on essentials? That includes linens/towels. Most guests expect those to be provided, so I would update your amenities list if you do provide them:

Joan2709_3-1707320355901.png

Hope your bookings pick up soon!

Kimberly1124
Level 2
Austin, TX

@Lara1768 I think it's more than just the title.  Your main photo is not compelling, the other photos are not great as well (odd lighting and odd angles).  The space looks a bit barren (I would warm it up with at least some art on the walls).  You are a 7 minute drive to the slopes - so not ski in/ski out.  Your amenities are not listed accurately.  Your space description should be beefed up with more details and what you offer.