How to create a shceduled message of different check-in details

Answered!
Bull14
Level 1
Foster, Australia

How to create a shceduled message of different check-in details

Hi everyone,

We have a list managed by SiteMinder, containing 2 individual rooms. Before a week or so, we will send the check-in details for the guests:

- Room name

- Location at the property

- Passcode to the lockbox

When a guest makes a reservation to the list, SiteMinder will assign a room based on the availability (e.g. if room 1 is available, it will be assigned to the guest, otherwise room 2). The guest doesn't know which room is assigned to them until we send out the welcome message.

Because each room has different name, location & passcode, how do I create a scheduled welcome message?

How do I draft a scheduled welcome message 

1 Best Answer

Hi @Bull14 

I'm not familiar with SiteMinder, but assume its a 3rd party software that is connected to your Airbnb account? Not sure how you have the listings on Airbnb setup? Scheduled messages can be attached to different listings, as long as you have separate listings setup on Airbnb. If you only have one listing containing both rooms, then a Scheduled Message can't be applied to separate rooms within one listing. You can setup 2 different Quick Replies and send those manually once you know which room has been assigned. Setup Quick Reply Room 1 and Quick Reply Room 2. 

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7

Hi @Bull14 

I'm not familiar with SiteMinder, but assume its a 3rd party software that is connected to your Airbnb account? Not sure how you have the listings on Airbnb setup? Scheduled messages can be attached to different listings, as long as you have separate listings setup on Airbnb. If you only have one listing containing both rooms, then a Scheduled Message can't be applied to separate rooms within one listing. You can setup 2 different Quick Replies and send those manually once you know which room has been assigned. Setup Quick Reply Room 1 and Quick Reply Room 2. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Bull14 ! Welcome to the Community๐ŸŒป.

Did you try out Joan's suggestions or check if it is a suitable work-around for your question?

Do update us how you're exploring options to send the scheduled messages with different check-in details and if you've managed to find some tips for other Hosts. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi @Joan2709 , thank you so much for your suggestions. I have ended up with the idea of creating 2 quick replies. Comparing to the scheduled message, I need to send them manually but itโ€™s good enough for us now. 

Thank you again! And thanks Bhumika for reminding me. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

@Bull14 Appreciate you so much for sharing updates and your work around for it as of now. We hope you continue sharing your questions, experiences and ideas with us to brainstorm such solutions together๐Ÿ˜.

Again a very warm welcome to the Community ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿคฉ!!  

Thank you @Joan2709 for always sharing innovative and well thought solutions with new Hosts in the Community๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿค—!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Guy991
Top Contributor
Sintra, Portugal

Hi @Bull14 

Please donโ€™t perceive my question as criticism; I am trying to understand how it works because I will soon have two units that are very similar and was wondering how to manage them on Airbnb.

Regarding your units:

Are those two rooms identical? If guests can book both units for the same dates, it means that you have two different listings on Airbnb.
And if they are not identical with two different listings, how do your guests accept that they book unit 1 and they get unit 2?

what am I missing here?

Regards,

Guy

Hi @Guy991 

1. The 2 rooms (from my original question) are identical (same size, facifilities, layout and price) - just located at the property differently. 
  2. We only created 1 single list for these 2 rooms - the availability and night rate are managed by a channel manage called SiteMinder (because we allow the rooms to be booked throught other platforms). 
  3. If there is no booking for both rooms yet for a check-in date, the availability of the list is 2. This allows 2 groups of guests to make the booking for the same date for the list.

We have a 3rd room is not identical to these 2 rooms, hence, we have to create a list for that room. 

Guy991
Top Contributor
Sintra, Portugal

Hi @Bull14 ,

Thank you for the detailed explanation.
If you need to manually provide guests instructions, I don't see any advantage in using a third-party app. Why not just create two listings, one for each room, and let people book them according to their availability? They will receive automated messages, and you won't have to pay extra fees to a third party.

If you had 30 identical rooms, I understand that you wouldn't want potential guests to be bombarded and confused by lots of identical listings. However, since you are dealing with only two rooms, it is not an issue. You can call them different names: Room 1: Forest View, Room 2: North View.

I don't see any advantage in using a third-party app. Please elaborate as much as possible and share your findings.

Thank you,
Guy