How to get more bookings

Answered!
Ester509
Level 2
Salatiga, Indonesia

How to get more bookings

Hello my name is Ester, from Salatiga, Central Java, Indonesia. I am starting my place to rent last year, but have to close temporarily for renovation and technical problem. Now I am ready to start over again and opening my place to rent, how I attract many more people so they want to book my place? I have 3 bed rooms on second floor, with a living room and dining room. 

1 Best Answer
Marie8425
Level 10
Buckeye, AZ

@Ester509 

I was a bit confused on  the first listing?    I think but I  could be wrong,  you are renting your whole second floor to  the Guest and not a room in  a shared environment?    I have a shared living room  in  my listing.  Shared is giving the Guest   notice the living room  has no privacy rights  me or other guests have open access.

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Marie8425
Level 10
Buckeye, AZ

@Ester509 

I was a bit confused on  the first listing?    I think but I  could be wrong,  you are renting your whole second floor to  the Guest and not a room in  a shared environment?    I have a shared living room  in  my listing.  Shared is giving the Guest   notice the living room  has no privacy rights  me or other guests have open access.

hi @Marie8425 … 

It is included the dining room and living room as well on the second floors so it will make my guest comfortable… plus a 43” TV and wifi too. Thanks for your response Marie👌☺️

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Ester509 , Welcome back to hosting! The renovations must have kept you really busy. How are you moving forward with activating the listings again and publishing them? Is your listing calendar open for reservations now? How is it progressing with receiving potential inquiries? 😍

Wishing you all the best! 🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Bhumika

the renovation was going well, but I don’t know why the guess haven’t came yet. Maybe it is low season here. I have attached some new photos that include the new stairs and many things else, I hope soon it will attract more people to visit my place. Yes my calendar is open now, but for several days ahead my family get the rooms so just for a week I closed my air bnb. Thanks for your message👍🙏

Hi @Ester509 

Attracting guests to your Airbnb listings involves a combination of effective marketing, competitive pricing, excellent guest experiences, and leveraging the strengths of your properties. Here are some strategic tips and solutions to help boost your room bookings:

Ensure your listings have high-resolution, well-lit photos that showcase the best features of each room and common areas.

You may also want to provide thorough, accurate descriptions of your space. Highlight unique amenities and any special touches you provide.

Fast Response Rate: Respond promptly to inquiries and reservation requests to increase your chances of booking.

Personal Touch: Consider adding personal touches like a welcome note, a small gift, or local recommendations to enhance the guest experience.

Ensure your space includes essential amenities along with pleasant surprises like high-speed Wi-Fi, streaming services, and gourmet coffee. Additionally, consider providing items that guests might enjoy during their stay, such as board games and quality cookware.

Dynamic Pricing: Use tools like PriceLabs, Wheelhouse, or Airbnb’s own pricing tool to adjust prices based on demand, seasonality, and local events.

Special Offers: Consider offering discounts for longer stays or last-minute bookings to attract more guests.

Avoid hidden charges; ensure all fees are clear in your listing to prevent surprises that could deter potential guests.

Social Media: Utilize platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest to showcase your property. Post attractive photos, share guest reviews, and highlight local attractions. Make sure to optimize your listing titles and descriptions with relevant keywords that potential guests might use when searching for a place to stay in your area.

Local Partnerships: Collaborate with local businesses like cafes, restaurants, and tour operators to offer special packages or promotions.

Encourage Reviews: Prompt guests to leave a review after their stay. High ratings and positive reviews can significantly boost your listing’s visibility and attractiveness.

Respond to Reviews: Respond professionally to all reviews, thanking guests for positive feedback and addressing any negative comments gracefully.

Instant Book: Enable Instant Book to allow guests to book your place without prior approvals, making it easier and faster for interested parties to secure a reservation.

Superhost Status: Aim to achieve and maintain Airbnb Superhost status, which can greatly increase your listing's visibility and appeal.

For long-term success, consider building your own branded website where guests can book directly with you, bypassing platform fees and allowing for direct marketing.

By implementing these strategies, you can increase the visibility of your listings, attract more guests, and ultimately, boost your bookings. Each strategy will vary in effectiveness depending on your specific location, type of property, and target market, so it’s important to adapt and refine tactics as you learn what works best for your situation.

I hope you find this information useful!

All the best,
Upfish management

Thank you for the best response and good advice from you @Alicia753 … I will make it better soon