How to get more bookings?

Nadine910
Level 1
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

How to get more bookings?

Screenshot 2024-08-30 at 10.01.03 AM.png

Hello, I own a 1 BR Apt on the Palm Jumeirah in Dubai with Rooftop Pool, sea view and Private Beach access but bookings are so slow. I haven't had a guest in 3 month. I would e happy to receive any advice. Thank you

Listing link:  airbnb.ae/h/sevenpalmlux

[Content modified by OCM]

11 Replies 11
Mutlu9
Level 2
Kovanlık, Türkiye

Öncelikle merhaba fiyatlarınızı biraz düşük tutarak olumlu yorumlar almalısınız eviniz harika olduğunu düşünüyorum başarılar

---

First of all, hello, you should keep your prices a little low and get positive comments. I think your house is great. Good luck.

[Google translation added by OCM]

Michael8903
Level 1
Harbor Springs, MI

@Nadine910 your apartment is beautiful, and the amenities are as good as any five star hotel. Your price point is extremely reasonable. I don’t understand why you’re not getting more bookings. There’s nothing that jumps out at me that you could do differently, maybe lower the price. 

I know this is counterintuitive, but I’d actually raise the price Because it is exclusive.

Nancy422
Level 2
Portland, ME

Hello @Nadine910 

What a phenomenal apartment you have listed! I have a far more modest place for rent in Maine. I might suggest fewer photographs, even though they were all fantastic. And would you consider a refundable reservation policy? If there is a busy season in your area, you would likely get another reservation, as I usually do when I have cancellations. 

If you have already compared your prices to other airbnbs and they are comparable, maybe the nonrefundable cancellation policy is holding people back.

Good luck!

Nancy

Michele2073
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Hi @Nadine910 

Your title doesn't need the location (the person has already searched by location).  But the rooftop infinity pool is great, so is the water view and the high-end luxury aspect. 

Depending on what people value when they go to Dubai you might try a title like 

Luxury apt with water view, rooftop infinity pool

Is there a water view right from the apt? 

Also add a description from you, (that seems to be missing). A  few sentences on the place so it sounds welcoming, describing their experience.

For example: "Relax in this luxurious apartment with custom lighting, design flair and an infinity pool that looks out onto the [is it a river? if so name the river, or the body of water].  Have breakfast on the terrace or enjoy the [WHAT ELSE DOES THIS OFFER?]"

I hope that helps! 

Mike2866
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

@Nadine910 Good Evening Nadine-

Very wise of you to ask for input...a true sign of intelligence.

Excellent work here.

You have wisely presented the spectacular view, pool setting, and luxury amenities and furnishings.

Two minor inputs:

1. A description of the location, nearby restaurants, points of interest, etc

2 Possibly remove 8 photos as it may overwhelm.

Wishing you continued success....you are off to a great start.

Cheers-

Mike Hale

Los Angeles, California.

@Nadine910 Make your price lowers 

Michel7677
Level 2
Cairo, Egypt

Hi @Nadine910 

Great property with expressive photography.

My recommendations;

less photographs; choose best 15-20 

Revisit your cancellation policy, you can migrate to free cancellation; it make it easier for guests to book the property.

Frequently make some promotions with 20+ % discount, to pop up on guests emails 

Maybe u you need to loosen up some of the house rules , like the long quite hours ; if possible..

Revise thoroughly you listing details ( number of beds, bathrooms… both primary and secondary amenities) ; cz any editing mistake or something missing may reduce significantly your presence in guests filtered searches.

finally, check your instant booking status , might help 

wish you best of luck and a big applause for an distinctive listing

Best,
Michel 

Nathalie2431
Level 1
Rivière Noire District, Mauritius

Hi @Nadine910 

Your place has  excellent features for a comfortable stay. 

i suggest you make a comparative price analysis, and review the positioning, this may help to  capture bookings. 

For example, if there are seasonalities, you could adjust your offering ( price/length of stay/ condition of bookings) 

all  the best! 
regards,

Nathalie 

Hi Nadine! You have beautiful and stylish places. My initial comments are:

Reduce your price until you get a booking

If you can afford it, hire a professional photographer to take photos of your listings. They will do justice for your amazing apartments and boost your booking rates significantly

Write a detailed description of your places to convince guests to book

Consider adding a dryer and towels, f you haven’t already provided 

If I travel solo or with a friend, I would book your place ❤️

Cheers -  Minh

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Nadine910, There are many wonderful suggestions in this thread! 😍

We can’t wait to hear your thoughts—what changes are you planning to implement?

Please keep us posted.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Nadia881
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

Hello @Nadine910 , when I did a search for a place in Palm Jumeirah.  Dubai, there were several that came up, including yours, with the same/similar cover photo and the rates were under $100 per night. Than may be your issue. There seems to be a lot of competition in your building.