How to make sure guests folllow the check in times?

How to make sure guests folllow the check in times?

Hello Airbnb Community,

I have my third stay where the guests want to check in really late. The first time was supposed to be around 9pm and ended up past 12 am which was a bad experience for me. And now I've bought a lockbox even though I didn't want to just to make sure I don't get stuck waiting around for guests. However, is there any other advice anyone has? Maybe I'm missing something but I did put in specific check in and check out times and added late fees to my house rules. As of now, it should be set to check in 4-6pm. Here is my listing link, airbnb.com/h/dekroon

Does anyone see any changes I should make? If so, please let me know. I'd really appreciate it. 

Kind regards,
Sonia

1 Reply 1

@Sonia1891 

Right now the listing link says your check in is 2-4pm not 4-6pm?

Several Hosts I work with have check-in windows like yours. Several things you can do:

1. Add your check-in window to the description or other details to note on the listing

2. When a guest books, add a paragraph to your Welcome Message about the check-in window

3. Add a paragraph to your Check-in message about the check-in window

4. Get a smart lock for self check-in. Manual keys will get lost or not returned by guests

"Please note our check-in window is between 4-6pm. If you know your approximate time of arrival, please let us know ."