How to verify a phone number?

Answered!
Colleen-And-Don0
Level 4
California, United States

How to verify a phone number?

I am trying to Verify a phone number, but I get the message "Sorry, we cannot send verification code to this number. Please make sure you input the correct mobile number."

Both numbers I am trying ARE correct but the system will not send me a text or a call.  A third number (landline) but not 2 mobiles. 

Why the error?

1 Best Answer
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Colleen-And-Don0 I would contact Airbnb on this.  I'm sure they can fix your phone numbers in the system.  Here's how to contact Airbnb:

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

View Best Answer in original post

39 Replies 39

I've tried calling the two numbers listed, but unfortunately the recording tells me that my number is not recognized and thus I am unable to speak to a person. This is specifically the problem I'm having. I'm not able to enter my phone number on the app or on my laptop. This is the kind of hell I was worried about when I listed my place on AirBnB! 😞

Numbers I've tried to no avail: 415-800-5959 and 855-424-7262

Does anyone know their email address?

Devon6
Level 1
Honolulu, HI

I was able to change it to my cell number through my iPhone app.   it would not change on the website though.

I have the same issue too, and emailed AirBnb through their contact details.  No response that I can find so far! Plenty of other emails though!

I have the same problem

I have the same problem. I tried setting up a new account, tried entering the phone number on my computer, phone and tablet and nothing helped. I finally called airbnb and was told that there is a bug in the system and that they are aware of the issue and currently working on it.  I guess I won't be using the service anytime soon.

I called their 1-415-800-5959 and so hope to having been able to input my new number this way [I was said to check tomorrow].. it was only 21 minute call including being put on hold for 4 minutes just so that she could tell the technicians about this 'unique' problem.

I just had the same experience. "Unique," huh...

Theresa61
Level 1
Newfane, VT

I am having the same problem. I wondered if it had anything to do with the fact that I have a Magic phone service, which is Voice Over Internet Protocol ( VOIP).

Robyn79
Level 1
Sacramento, CA

I am having this same problem and tried the app with no success.   So frustrating.   Guess I won't be booking anything! 

What a nightmare. I have a t-mobile number and customer service has accused me of having a "leased network" number, or that there's a system issue and I should try again after 24 hours, or that I'm lying, or that they've created a ticket and I will get a call back in 24 hours, or that sorry we don't call back on tickets you'll have to call in to get an answer. I've called several times and I get a different answer every time. Unbelievable.

Horrible experience, right? Me too! I just give up Airbnb and using booking.com

Ishwar0
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

I need to reserve my booking for 16 June 2017. Could anyone please suggest if I could still proceed to book and get this Mobile verification sorted later?

Punneet0
Level 1
Stockholm, Sweden

Hi guys,

Even I am not able to verify my mobile number on the website. I am using my swedish mobile number

And the error i am recieving is as "Sorry, we cannot send verification code to this number. Please make sure you input the correct mobile number."

Please let me know how to verify the same.

Regards.

Puneet SHARMA

Thais22
Level 1
Dublin, Ireland

same problem ... Airbnb doesnt even respond the message, impossible to book the listing

Julan0
Level 2
Manchester, United Kingdom

Hi All,

I have had the same problem today: trying to verify my number but received the same message (You'll need to use a different phone number, we can't support this one.). I have tried to omit the zero, use the application but they did not work. What did work with me, is using a genuine Virgin Media mobile number. So what you need, if you have a UK mobile number, is a SIM card that you bought from one of the main Mobile providers like Virgin Media, Vodafone, etc. And you haven't transferred your number to them from companies like Lycamobile (that what had happened to me as I was using Vodafone number which was originally Lycamobile.)