Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

I have 3 Bedrooms and also a sofa bed in my living room - why is sofa bed shown first for "Where you'll sleep"?

I have 3 Bedrooms and also a sofa bed in my living room - why is sofa bed shown first for "Where you'll sleep"?

I had noticed a while back that under "Where You'll Sleep", the order had changed from this:

"Bedroom 1 - 1 queen bed"

"Bedroom 2 - 1 queen bed"

"Bedroom 3 - 1 floor mattress"

"Living Room - 1 sofa bed"

to this:

"Living Room - 1 sofa bed" <<<

"Bedroom 1 - 1 queen bed"

"Bedroom 2 - 1 queen bed"

"Bedroom 3 - 1 floor mattress"

I have called airbnb support to ask what gives and how to restore the original sequence - because I don't want to (nor do I want potential guests to think that I) showcase the sofa bed as the 1st choice of sleeping accommodations. I've reduced sleeping accommodation count in the living room from 1 to 0 then added it back in - it goes right back into 1st place. I've removed Bedroom 3's accommodations also, thinking that adding a new accommodation just places it at the beginning of the display - nope, they go right back where they'd been.

Support tried to tell me that because my living room also included Amenities (like board games, heat, etc) - that was why this was happening. I continued to point out to them that I see at least 3 other very similar listings that do not have the same problem.

Just wondered if anybody's seen this happen. I get it that they can't make everybody happy and they can't ask everybody's opinion, but there's got to be a point at which they publish actual explanations for what impact their constant changes will have to the actual people using them.

End Rant.

Thanks,

John

1 Reply 1
Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @John6756 

There have been several posts on this subject in the last year and this happens to listings where hosts have opted in for the new Photo Tour.  If you have a sofa bed in the lounge then that will be the first thing that guests see not Bedroom 1.  

It's a way of standardising listings I suppose.  Some hosts would like to be able to change the order of the rooms especially those that have a fabulous exterior but again this is not possible - all Photo Tours will start with the Living area.

Here is a link to an earlier post with a possible solution:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Ask-about-your-listing/The-Photo-Tour/m-p/1995277

Good luck!

Joëlle