I intend to rent a room in Hudson County, New Jersey specifically in the town of Secaucus, anybody knows anything about town ordinances?

Answered!

I intend to rent a room in Hudson County, New Jersey specifically in the town of Secaucus, anybody knows anything about town ordinances?

Hi everyone, 

I'm current;y a renter in Secaucus and I have a two-bedroom apartment that I wanted to rent a room in. do you know if the town of Secaucus allows such short-term rentals? if so, if there a landlord-tenant relation forms here? 

1 Best Answer

@Beshoy2 

Good Questions!

You have some homework to do:

You will get your best information from the City Planning and Zoning. You will want to find out not only if this is permitted, under what circumstances,  what ordinance applies to STR, what business license and business insurance is required, taxes to be collected and remitted.  

Just as important is to read your lease, including all the fine print about subletting in any form. Your landlord may be completely against this, which is common. We have long term rentals and in the leases is clearly stated that there will be no subletting of all or part of the home, and no short term rentals of all or part. 

Best of luck to you, let us know what transpires

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1

@Beshoy2 

Good Questions!

You have some homework to do:

You will get your best information from the City Planning and Zoning. You will want to find out not only if this is permitted, under what circumstances,  what ordinance applies to STR, what business license and business insurance is required, taxes to be collected and remitted.  

Just as important is to read your lease, including all the fine print about subletting in any form. Your landlord may be completely against this, which is common. We have long term rentals and in the leases is clearly stated that there will be no subletting of all or part of the home, and no short term rentals of all or part. 

Best of luck to you, let us know what transpires