I'm buying a property that already has a listing - can they be transfered to me?

Answered!
Cat30
Level 1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

I'm buying a property that already has a listing - can they be transfered to me?

I'm soon buying a property that already has Airbnb Listings - is it possible for the current owner to transfer the listing (and some future bookings they already have) to me? This would save me having to create them all from scratch. I've looked in the help centre but can't find the answer. 

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Cat30 

Speak to the person you are buying from. They should have blocked out their calendar so they aren't accepting bookings from the date of your exchange of contract for the purchase.

you can the set up your listing to take bookings .

as @Mike-And-Jane0  says listings are not transferable as it would be unfair to guests who book based on a hosts previous reviews and ratings to be transferred to a new host. 

have you checked that you will be able to list under the new STR regulations for Edinburgh? 

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Cat30 the answer is no. Airbnb doesn't allow transfers of listings between accounts.

I am selling my condo and have a ton of reservations. So, I cannot allow the new owners to honor the reservations??

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Of course not. When you know you are selling a property you shouldn't be opening your calendar up for long term bookings to avoid taking bookings you know you can't honour @Scott1509 

Well, I have listings for the entire year and next. I just had someone make an offer and we accepted. Of course, if we knew, we would not have kept our listing active. 🙄

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Cat30 

Speak to the person you are buying from. They should have blocked out their calendar so they aren't accepting bookings from the date of your exchange of contract for the purchase.

you can the set up your listing to take bookings .

as @Mike-And-Jane0  says listings are not transferable as it would be unfair to guests who book based on a hosts previous reviews and ratings to be transferred to a new host. 

have you checked that you will be able to list under the new STR regulations for Edinburgh? 

Cat30
Level 1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Thanks Helen. Just wondering if there was a quick way to get the listings transferred or copied across (not really the bookings as appreciate your point on them booking with certain hosts) but more just to save time uploading all info again, as its 4 listings. 

Its not in Edinburgh, but we have our short term letting licence already sorted out, so good to go on that front.