I own multiple listings with different business partners

Dave-and-Melissa0
Level 2
Harrisonburg, VA

I own multiple listings with different business partners

I operate two listings currently at my primary residence.  In the last several months, I have purchased a few other properties that I plan to list as well.  I bought 3 properties with my friend Chris, and one with my friend Alex.  My question is, "should I set up new airbnb accounts for each partnership I have?"  Both partnerships have separate LLC's, EIN's, and bank accounts.  Here would be my total portfolio:

Dave: 2 listings

Dave and Chris: 3 listings

Dave and Alex: 1 listing

Should I set up an account for Dave and Chris, and another one for Dave and Alex,  but then co-host with my original account?  Thanks for any help you can provide! 

6 Replies 6
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Dave-and-Melissa0 You should only have one Airbnb account. Having multiple accounts is against Airbnb's terms of service, and it can get all of your accounts permanently deactivated and get you banned from the platform. 

Remember that your account and the reviews you receive belong to you as an individual, not to the properties themselves.

How do you get the taxes paid separately to each listing through a single account? I've been unable to list a second EIN number for another listing I own. @Alexandra316 

Dave-and-Melissa0
Level 2
Harrisonburg, VA

@Alexandra316 thanks for your reply!  How would you suggest that I set it up?  Can you attach different bank accounts to specific listings?  Or should I have my partner set up a new account under his name, and then become a co-host?

@Dave-and-Melissa0 Yes, I would have each person set up their own account. They will need to be verified with each individual's personal information and ID, so it's easiest if you all do it individually. 

The host vs. co-host thing can be a bit of a conundrum though. The co-host doesn't get the reviews on their profile, even if they are the ones doing the bulk of the work, so you'll need to carefully think about how to structure that part of it.

Yes, you can definitely split payments between accounts. See Can I split my payouts between different payout methods? - Airbnb Help Center for more info. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Dave-and-Melissa0 I would have 3 accounts namely

1 for Dave

1 for Chris and

1 for Alex 

with you as the co host on the latter 2 accounts.

@Alexandra316 This would surely be acceptable to Airbnb.

Thanks @Mike-And-Jane0 !