Inquiry Regarding Pet-Friendly Policy and Carpet Maintenance for New Airbnb Hosts

Answered!
Charles1671
Level 2
Franklin, Australia

Inquiry Regarding Pet-Friendly Policy and Carpet Maintenance for New Airbnb Hosts

Dear Experienced Airbnb Hosts,

I commenced my journey as an Airbnb host this past September, and I am seeking some advice to enhance my hosting experience and hopefully attract more bookings. There has been a quiet spell in October, and I am contemplating if it's related to the permissions I have set on my listing.

One of my primary concerns is regarding the pet-friendly feature. My rental property has carpeted floors, and I am considering whether to allow pets. However, I am concerned about the potential challenges in cleaning and maintaining the carpet post the pets' stay.

• Will the pets' fur make cleaning a laborious task?
  • In the scenario where a dog guest is part of the stay, I worry about them bringing in dirt or mud on their paws post their outdoor walks, which might soil the carpet significantly.

I am hopeful to hear from seasoned hosts on how they manage such situations. Is it advisable to permit pets in a carpeted rental? Are there any cleaning hacks or preventative measures that could make this a lesser concern?

Your insights and experiences would be of tremendous value as I navigate through the early stages of hosting. Thank you very much for your time and willingness to share your expertise.

Best regards,

Charles

1 Best Answer

@Charles1671 

Hello Charles -

What a beautiful place you have! Wow!

We host our home in Oaxaca, Mexico and we do not allow pets.  

Yet, if someone has a service dog, we must oblige.  

What we have done in that situation is we require a separate - additional cleaning fee.  

We request that the dogs do not sit on the furniture, and request they bring a blanket just for their pet.  We then have the house deep deep cleaned - all of the rugs - carpets - shampooed.

I think you listing looks great!

I would suggest the following:

-Maybe consider changing your listing title.  Currently it reads: "Lvl22 CBR Skyline Elegant Lakefront Apt 2B2B2P Gym".    

While you can understand it, I found it a bit confusing, like some sort of code.  

-You want you title to be easy to read, and clear, like the title of a good book or movie! 

-Maybe try something like: "Breathtaking Views - Luxury 2BR - 2Bath Apartment".  

-Keep it clean and simple but with impact. 

- Maybe consider formatting your "The Space" a bit differently.  You have all the details and your  building has SUCH amazing amenities, maybe consider breaking things apart (you can use as much space as you like).  Again, keep it easy to read. for example:

Apartment Balcony:

A walk out balcony off the living room with table and chairs. The perfect spot to enjoy the serene views, fresh air and morning coffee or evening cocktail.

Sky Garden: 23rd Floor

A tranquil outdoor space, a haven for relaxation, meditation, or simply appreciating the panoramic views of Canberra while basking in the beauty of sunrise and sunset.

Guest Amenities in the building - All available during your stay

Olympic size swimming pool.

Pine wood sauna,

Full gym with cardio machines

BBQ area

Private moving screening room. 

Parking:

One designated secured parking space .

Wishing you continued success!

Best, 

John 

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2

@Charles1671 

Hello Charles -

What a beautiful place you have! Wow!

We host our home in Oaxaca, Mexico and we do not allow pets.  

Yet, if someone has a service dog, we must oblige.  

What we have done in that situation is we require a separate - additional cleaning fee.  

We request that the dogs do not sit on the furniture, and request they bring a blanket just for their pet.  We then have the house deep deep cleaned - all of the rugs - carpets - shampooed.

I think you listing looks great!

I would suggest the following:

-Maybe consider changing your listing title.  Currently it reads: "Lvl22 CBR Skyline Elegant Lakefront Apt 2B2B2P Gym".    

While you can understand it, I found it a bit confusing, like some sort of code.  

-You want you title to be easy to read, and clear, like the title of a good book or movie! 

-Maybe try something like: "Breathtaking Views - Luxury 2BR - 2Bath Apartment".  

-Keep it clean and simple but with impact. 

- Maybe consider formatting your "The Space" a bit differently.  You have all the details and your  building has SUCH amazing amenities, maybe consider breaking things apart (you can use as much space as you like).  Again, keep it easy to read. for example:

Apartment Balcony:

A walk out balcony off the living room with table and chairs. The perfect spot to enjoy the serene views, fresh air and morning coffee or evening cocktail.

Sky Garden: 23rd Floor

A tranquil outdoor space, a haven for relaxation, meditation, or simply appreciating the panoramic views of Canberra while basking in the beauty of sunrise and sunset.

Guest Amenities in the building - All available during your stay

Olympic size swimming pool.

Pine wood sauna,

Full gym with cardio machines

BBQ area

Private moving screening room. 

Parking:

One designated secured parking space .

Wishing you continued success!

Best, 

John 

Hi John,

I'm sincerely appreciative of the time you took to share your constructive suggestions and the warm compliments regarding my residence. Your insights, particularly from the perspective of a seasoned host from beautiful Oaxaca, are quite invaluable. Your point about making the listing title more clear and inviting is well-taken, and the idea of reformatting the "The Space" section to enhance readability is fantastic. I plan to dedicate time this weekend to refine the listing as per your recommendations. Your feedback has provided a fresh perspective, and I'm hopeful these changes will create a more inviting depiction of my space. Should your travels bring you to Canberra, it would be an honor to host you. I also wish you continued success with your hosting in Oaxaca, and hope that we may share insights in the future.

Best regards,

Charles