Invalid HTML

Answered!
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

Invalid HTML

Has anyone else noticed we have suddenly lost the ability to tag each other or anyone else into posts, and the inclusion of a screenshot or photo, or any other type of PNG file will result in a red field with Invalid HTML.?

It appears all we can do here now is post generic text! Is anyone else finding this.

Cheers....Rob

1 Best Answer
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Helen427@Branka-and-Silvia0@Gillian19

Happy Friday!

I have good news, which I think you are all going to be very relieved to hear. The @ mention function should now be working for you all. Please give it a try in your next reply and let me know how you get on. 

If you experience any difficulty, please let me know and I will look into this.

Look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

Lizzie

[as I've mentioned you elsewhere, Rebecca, Robin, Letitia, Fred, Jessica & Henry – just saving you a duplicate notification]

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

View Best Answer in original post

20 Replies 20

Thanks for the offer of help, Lizzie. I have not had any posts disappear (have not posted lately); I am having comments disappear - Swati alerted me of this - Two different comments I made disappeared from her 'Compassionate Reviews' post. No error messages. They posted fine. Swati saw them. Then, they disappeared. 

I am tagging you here - let's see if I get an error message. I get error messages when tagging names I have typed in, whereas other people say they can do this fine and only get the error message when they click on someone's Avatar.  (Postscript - Nope, I get the error message when I tag you, need to remove).

I also often get error messages when trying to send a PM. I also have been told by at least 3 hosts that they are unable to message me. Not sure what that's about but would love for that to be fixed as well.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Thanks Lizzie, great to see, you back on deck.

It may also be tied in with the new European Data Regulations which are quite complex as it's "Cross Border legislation" ( See Paulina's recent post) that have come into action as it's not only Airbnb website that these "glitches" are happening on. Could be Microsoft etc issues that are getting ironed out.

Some of you who use other sites may have noticed one gets a prompt to either complete a short Google survey or tick cookies policies that one didn't use to have to do just to read content..

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Robin@Letitia@Branka & Silvia@Rebecca@Gillian@Fred@Jessica & Henry@Helen427,

I hope you are good. 🙂

I know it has been a few days now and so I just wanted to say that we are still working on this. I have seen that the difficulty with the @ mention has been  mentioned in a number of different posts around the CC, so please do spread the word to others that it is being looked into, if you see anyone confused. 🙂

Thanks again,

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thanks, Lizzie. You may know this already, but including photos and links also will result in an error message. Also, I do not receive notifications when I have been tagged - This is an ongoing problem I have been having. But at this point, I have a long list of issues with no solutions in sight.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Lizzie    Lizzie, thanks for that advice, hopefully someone will get on top of this!

I have discovered a 'work-around' as far as tagging contributors is concerned but it depends on the contributor I want to tag having been here for that least a couple of weeks...or to be more specific..has been here from before this problem appeared a bit over a week ago.

If using the usual method of @ plus the name that appears in the drop down box, which will in all instances result in a different profile entirely being displayed....mine being Robin in Ashburn Virginia....

By bringing up a post from the past and copying the contributors tag from there and pasting into the current post the system as it currently is will accept the tag and alert the correct person.

I am not a computer brain but I have been using a computer for more than 25 years and I have learned over those years that programs do get corrupted for one reason or other and when they do there is a maintenance section of system tools built into every operating system I have ever seen. This of course is deliberate and has to be there to affect changes to the program. One set of these tools gives the program with the ability to be restored to an earlier version, an earlier date!

The way I am tagging proves that the version of this program that operated prior to 30th May is still functional  as I can show here!

A month of

Is it not possible for our 'boffins' to restore this program to the version that was operating on the 29th May so that we can get on with trying to help each other!

Cheers......Rob

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Helen427@Branka-and-Silvia0@Gillian19

Happy Friday!

I have good news, which I think you are all going to be very relieved to hear. The @ mention function should now be working for you all. Please give it a try in your next reply and let me know how you get on. 

If you experience any difficulty, please let me know and I will look into this.

Look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

Lizzie

[as I've mentioned you elsewhere, Rebecca, Robin, Letitia, Fred, Jessica & Henry – just saving you a duplicate notification]

--------------------